Drivers: You don't need to indicate to tell people you are turning!

I don't indicate because I find the tick tick tick annoying when I switch on the indicators, and this is why I never use indicators.

Also, sometimes its difficult to know which the left or right indicator is, I once accidently indicated to go right, and turned left, and so I stopped using the indicators

So you're a bus driver then :)

Think of it as a fun game, then you won't get annoyed. Say to yourself

"OOHH which way is he gonna go.... is he gonna.... no.... left... right..... RIGHT!!! I KNEW IT!!"

Fun.

I play that game when watching drivers at give ways

"Is he gonna pull out on me...no....no...no.....last minute....yes, i knew he would!"

Just to warn you in advance, I intend to turn both left and right tonight.

*puts indicator on*

:hihi: That made me laugh at work and now everybody thinks i'm mad! Thanks a lot! I also will be indicating tonight however when is undecided. I shall start my own thread later when I have decided my intentions for the evening.

I reckon all the problems with congestion in Chapeltown may be helped if drivers remembered they had signalling lights, For god sake use them instead of making other drivers sit there just in case you are going straight round the roundabout.

And to pedestrians!!!! Just because you're driving along the road in solitary splendour, with not another car in sight, it doesn't mean you don't have to bother indicating that you're intending to turn left, especially if there's a pedestrian about to cross the road you're turning into. :rant:

Agreed. A couple of days ago I was trying to cross over Jenkin Road (tricky at the best of times on that blind corner). There was a gap in the traffic and I was about to cross when a car came up to the junction 10 metres down the road. If they had signalled which way they were turning I could have worked out whether I could cross or not. Instead I had to wait for them to make their move by which time the gap in the traffic had gone and I had to stand there for few minutes waiting for another chance to cross.

Ok it's not that important in the grand scheme of things but a little courtesy for pedestrians would be nice.