Sign in to follow this  

Walkley illegal rave club circa 1991/2?

Does anyone recall a certain underground rave club which called itself MR Q's on Howard Road at Walkley, 91/2 time until it was finally closed down. Saturday nights and through until 8 on Sunday mornings there would be cars parked on the pavements all the way up the road, and all kinds of ravers making a right noise. The club was a series of knocked through cellars under an Indian Take Way opposite St Marys Church nr the phone box.....

Yes I can remember that one...never went but..My friend had his house burgled and his decks and equipment ended up in that cellar.

Hi goldenfleece' yea i remember the place. Me and some mates would end up there after "the limit". One part of the celler where we would dance was pitch black.

damn, pity i missed it, sounded like just the place me and my mates wouldve been up all night dancing back in the day :)

It was called The Cube & I used to DJ there. Proper underground club, very seedy. Even though it was unlicensed it was allowed to remain open for quite some time.