Wheelie Bins and house numbers

Guest Ant

My next door neighbour always takes out my bin, and brings it back. Which is nice. Never took his out. :hihi:

Is a Mathom a million fathoms, or is it Tolkien inspired? Or is your name Mr Mathom? Tom, perhaps. Tom Mathom? Mr Thomas Mathom. Just curious. :rolleyes:

We have our number on our black bin, but have never bothered with the blue or green bins :confused:

Not sure why really. We have our wheelie bin cleaned every fortnight but even so, we're the only house here so it's never going to get mixed up with anyone elses.

Another gripe - I always stand my bins on the edge of my lawn when I put them out, so they don't block the pavement. But, the binmen always leave the empty bin(s) right in the middle of the pavement :suspect: not very helpful to the bloke who walks up and down our street and is blind. The bin men only need wheel it (errr throw it) another 2ft and it'd be back where they collected it from.

Originally posted by Ant

Add it to the growing list:

1. Halifax Locations

2. The Forum Clock

3. Chavs

4. Where's My Thread Gone?

5. Mods - I Hate Them

6. Wheelie Bins

7. people who spend all there time looking at a forum and moan about people contributing to it.

Oh and where can i buy a number plate with a burbury finish that the mods wont like for my wheelie bin?

I can send funds from my Halifax account for this purchase (if only i could find one).

If you cant find this post again it has probably got lost, or you cant find it. or it maybe its in the wheelie bin.(if only I had put my number on it)

Ant, If you have nothing to contribute then dont!

Adam

"posted 11/11/1911 - 03:21 am"

Is there some sort of company that will come and clean your wheelie bin in Sheffield? Used to have a service back up in the north-east, it was £14 for 7 weeks off washes, every fortnight.

Definately worth it, especially with cats!

Originally posted by Hook

...Used to have a service back up in the north-east, it was £14 for 7 weeks off washes, every fortnight.

Definately worth it, especially with cats!

What!, they used to wash your bin out using a cat?!?

:o

Originally posted by foo_fighter

What!, they used to wash your bin out using a cat?!?

:o

Yup, just for the cute factor ^_^

Hmmm what smells worst.. the wet cats or the bin? :hihi:

Guest Ant

Adam, you're a grand fella. I like you. But I have no idea what your post was about. Apart from "posted 11/11/1911 - 03:21 am", which was as odd as it was unnecessary. Let's not argue, eh? Let's be friends - the world will be a much sweeter place if we could be friends. I have so much to contribute, and I'll try harder, honest I will. Do you forgive me?

Your new mate,

Ant.

(Wet dogs are far smellier than wet cats. I clean my wheelie bin with a small puppy).

I love people who put numbers on wheelie bins, i drive a taxi, and at night, finding house numbers is a nightmare, especially on roads like Crookesmoor Rd, where i have to annoy every driver behind me, by driving at 1 mph while i look for non existent numbers on doors!

Wow, i cant believe i've answered a 'wheelie bin' thread with such enthusiasm, i need to have a drink. (i'm not working tonight obviously)

Guest Ant

This is a Radio Sheffield Phone Rony thread. Lovin' it. :thumbsup:

If you're paying to have your bin cleaned every few weeks (whether they use a cat or any other small domestic animal ;) ) you want to be sure you're getting the right one back. In fact the cleaning guys wrote our number on ours so they knew which one to clean.

I was driving through Sheffield in my van one day...and it was bin day. All the bins were lined up and had the numbers on.. 24..., 44.., etc etc...then there was one that said....., " Im not a number...I'm a free bin! "

... I nearly crashed the van laughing !... I think it was Walkley somewhere..has anyone else seen it?:D