Tesco Treating Their Customers Like Idiots!

I had seen in the paper the offers they had on for 24 cans of Carlsberg so I decided to phone them up to make sure they had some in stock before setting off (as I live 20 min away) I was told that there were loads left!!

When I got down there I was looking in the booze section and could not see any!! When I asked this kid who was stocking up the booze he said they sold out this morning!!

I went to the customer service desk to complain and was told when I phoned up I went through to someone in Dundee who looks on a computer and tells me if there is any stock left!! According to their records they had 238 crates left!!

When speaking to Gabriel (Angel on a mission to calm me down) on the customer service desk he said he would take me number and name and mention it to the staff on the customer service desk and get them to save me some for Monday!!

As my GF only works down the road she went today in her dinner and went to look if any were left, there were 9 crates left, when she went to the customer service desk to ask them to save me some after the problem we had on Sat night, she was told that they were not allowed to save any and had no record of my number or complaint from Gabriel!!

Now I’m on my way there after work today so the question is will they have any Carlsberg left?.........

To be continued........ :rant:

I had seen in the paper the offers they had on for 24 cans of Carlsberg so I decided to phone them up to make sure they had some in stock before setting off (as I live 20 min away) I was told that there were loads left!!

When I got down there I was looking in the booze section and could not see any!! When I asked this kid who was stocking up the booze he said they sold out this morning!!

I went to the customer service desk to complain and was told when I phoned up I went through to someone in Dundee who looks on a computer and tells me if there is any stock left!! According to their records they had 238 crates left!!

When speaking to Gabriel (Angel on a mission to calm me down) on the customer service desk he said he would take me number and name and mention it to the staff on the customer service desk and get them to save me some for Monday!!

As my GF only works down the road she went today in her dinner and went to look if any were left, there were 9 crates left, when she went to the customer service desk to ask them to save me some after the problem we had on Sat night, she was told that they were not allowed to save any and had no record of my number or complaint from Gabriel!!

Now I’m on my way there after work today so the question is will they have any Carlsberg left?.........

To be continued........ :rant:

No, because were all going to drive there now and buy it all :hihi::loopy:

Too late I've just bought the last can!:hihi:

Too late I've just bought the last can!:hihi:

Oh how very rude...:hihi: we sharing? :roll: lol!!

If only Carlsberg owned supermarkets...it would......?:roll:

I've worked in supermarkets before, honestly, the systems showing stock levels can never be trusted, and unless you speak to someone actually working on the department you will never get the real answer. Customer services are always clueless!

We once went to Herries Rd tesco to buy some beers that were on offer. The customer services there, called up Infirmary Rd one, got them to put us some behind their customer services and we drove down, bought them and walked out happy. Theyre not always that bad. :)

The fact that they lack in the areas mentioned is the reason their stuff is so cheap in the first place.

Go to Tesco and get crap food and service at cheap prices, or go somewhere at Waitrose and pay more for decent food and better service.

Go to Tesco and get crap food and service at cheap prices, or go somewhere at Waitrose and pay more for decent food and better service.

Couldn't agree more execpt for the bit I've put in bold.

Small tip. When you're doing your shop, ask for a direct number to get through to the store itself rather than phone the crappy 0845 premium rate phone line to talk to some numpty sat in a central office a million miles away from the store you actually wanted to telephone. Usually when you speak to staff at store level you can get the full picture and they're usually nice enough to ignore the rules about no saves (for me at least.)

The number i phoned was an 0114 number and the bloke actually said to me that they had loads left!! Anyway i went there after work and picked up 2 crates so im a happy chappy now!! Lets partayyy!! :D

Or......take a deep breath and buy an alternative. It's only a supermarket. It's only beer.