Sign in to follow this  

Wilkinson Street - moved in

Just moved into a house in Wilkinson Street and we're lacking both a rubbish bin and a blue bin - doh! Is it possible to phone up the council and get new ones? When's Bin Day - figured it might be today snice all the bins are out on the street, although most of them have been out all weekend!

There's also a load of rubbish in the back yard - started to clear it up until we found empty syringe wrappers in it, don't really want to get our hands in there incase there are needles etc around. Do the council have anybody who'll come along and remove it?

BT can't get an engineer out until a week today, so no phone line :(

Keep finding new things to do, but at the moment we need a bin since the black bags are unsightly and I know for sure Onyx won't remove 'em!

Ring Onyx and explain - they are usually really helpful. Don't touch the syringes yourself - they should be able tos end someone along who is used to this kind of 'litter collection'...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by msbehavin

Ring Onyx and explain - they are usually really helpful. Don't touch the syringes yourself - they should be able tos end someone along who is used to this kind of 'litter collection'...:rolleyes:

Is there a sheffield specific number for Onyx? Never had to call 'em before :help:

Originally posted by msbehavin

Let us know how you get on!

Will do - might be a few days though... Not going to have internet for at least two weeks :(

When I moved in to my house we had no blue bin, got on the phone to onyx, and had one delivered within a couple of days:thumbsup:

They said they'd deliver both bins for us for a few days, right now we've borrowed our neighbours bin because they're away for the week.

No luck on cleaning the yard though, the woman on the phone told my girlfriend just to be careful and not to pierce her skin with any needles. :rolleyes:

streetforce should come and remove any needles for you-do not touch them!

the number is 0114 2734564

amy x

Hook where on Wilkinson St u moved to, i work on this road at number 32/34! is it that big house near Scotts?? if it is, u r one lucky bugga hehe