Am I just asking for too much to expect him to help with the chores?

If a man goes out to work the whole time and the woman doesn't, then it's my belief that yes, that is too much to ask.

If the woman goes to work as well, then it's not too much to ask.

If the woman went to work and the man didn't, then the man should do all the house work.

How is it fair for one person to be out at work all day, and be expected to come home and do the cleaning, when the stay at home partner has had all day to do it?

It can't be that hard to do a bit of house work whilst the bread winners out...winning bread.

Did you not read that he does 38 hours and I do 32????

What I wrote was an extract from a book I'm reading at the minute..

It comes up with loads of different suggestions like this, for both men and women.. Theres a few different books and they are a brilliant read and so funny and I bet nearly every man and woman can relate to things in these books.. The authors are Allan and Barbara Pease..

Do a google search, and you'll see them..

I will add that I have practiced alot of the things in the books, and they have worked with the OH and the kids.. The bit I wrote, I put into practice by picking up all their stuff and piling it up on the kitchen side and telling them that if it was still there when I got up the next morning, it would go in the bin. After loosing a few of their precious things, they soon learnt. They do still leave the odd one or two bits about, but as soon as they see it on the side, it get shifted asap..

Same with their washing.. If its not in the baskets, it doesn't get washed. I DON'T back down !!

If I have to tidy the house and do the washing etc etc etc, then they have to help by tidying up after themselves.. If they don't, their stuff gets chucked and they go around wearing smelly clothes..:)

See thats my problem x I give in, and we go around in circles but this time its really got to me...

He's not a real man if you have to ask him to help with the chores for a house he lives in! Stand up for yourself there's no point in 'nagging' which is how most men see anything a woman says.

Best thing for you to do is go on strike, (if you can bear to live in a mess for a while) then that will show him how dirty things will get if you don't do anything, then refuse to do anymore chores until he does his share - sounds like he isn't the type to think about what actually would need doing, so i'd write him a list, then if he moans say 'ok lets both not do anything then, lets live in a dump'. I bet he'd come back with a compromise.

I'd never live with a man that didn't have the respect to help with the chores.

Did you not read that he does 38 hours and I do 32????

That's why I said if they both go to work then it's not too much to ask

Is there such a think???

Im in a relationship and we have a 5 year old daughter, we are not married but have been together for the last 7 years.

Is it too much to ask for him to help withth e housework ie put his washing in the wash basket, wash the pots, put washing machine on, hang washing out, bring washing in, fold washing ready to iron, iron washing, cook once in a while, hoover, tidy up after daughter, bath daughter, feed daughter, take daughter to school, dress daughter, play with daughter, spent some time with the family, put things away when you have used then wash sink down when had a shave, put a new toilet roll on when you have used it all, wash bath out when you have had one, make the bed, change the bedding, go out as a couple once in a while plus many more but I feel like im starting to rant x lol x

I dont want him to do all of these all of the time just some of them. Am I asking to much????

I feel like I have given up all the things I used to do and he still has the life he used to have eg season ticket, out with mates, xbox

If you both work, then you should both muck in. However, if one of you stops home to care for your child, then the other who works shouldnt be expected to muck in extra.

If you both work, then you should both muck in. However, if one of you stops home to care for your child, then the other who works shouldnt be expected to muck in extra.

Why not? Have you looked after a child/children? Often doing so is more difficult than actually going out and doing work for someone else. You are not one of those people who think looking after infants is easy? Did not know there were actually any people who thought like that left. Being a parent looking after a small child/children is far from easy so regardless of who goes out to work - both parents should help with the housework.

Dragon of Ana

Is there such a think???

Im in a relationship and we have a 5 year old daughter, we are not married but have been together for the last 7 years.

Is it too much to ask for him to help withth e housework ie put his washing in the wash basket, wash the pots, put washing machine on, hang washing out, bring washing in, fold washing ready to iron, iron washing, cook once in a while, hoover, tidy up after daughter, bath daughter, feed daughter, take daughter to school, dress daughter, play with daughter, spent some time with the family, put things away when you have used then wash sink down when had a shave, put a new toilet roll on when you have used it all, wash bath out when you have had one, make the bed, change the bedding, go out as a couple once in a while plus many more but I feel like im starting to rant x lol x

I dont want him to do all of these all of the time just some of them. Am I asking to much????

I feel like I have given up all the things I used to do and he still has the life he used to have eg season ticket, out with mates, xbox

You obviously lack the power of female wiles and ability and forget to use contraception. Were you a doormat in a previous existance ?.

That's why I said if they both go to work then it's not too much to ask

Sorry misunderstood you

You obviously lack the power of female wiles and ability and forget to use contraception. Were you a doormat in a previous existance ?.

What does contraception have to do with it????

What does contraception have to do with it????

Just checked your occupation, seems about right, worked harder and become a slave driver !.