Public Transport Strikes - News and Info - First to Strike 23rd/26th Oct

Does anyone know if the trams are affected by this strike? I looked on the website but can't see anything. Need to get into town from Stocksbridge and was hoping to get the tram link bus and then tram from Middlewood.

Well the trams are not operated by First

+

the Supertram Link bus is not operated by First

+

The strike is only affecting First buses.

=

the answer to your question!

Thanks. I thought that was the case but then someone had mentioned Stagecoach earlier in the thread so I got confused!

Does anyone know if the trams are affected by this strike? I looked on the website but can't see anything. Need to get into town from Stocksbridge and was hoping to get the tram link bus and then tram from Middlewood.

No, the tram strikes are on 4th and 5th November.

Free Buses for Fright Night

First, South Yorkshires leading bus operator, has today announced that a limited bus service will be running across Sheffield on Sunday 25th October (Fright Night) despite First drivers in Sheffield going on strike.

Buses will operate on an hourly basis starting from around 13:30 until around 22.30 on all major routes in Sheffield. The buses will be driven by First South Yorkshire Managers and Supervisors who are all fully qualified and trained to drive buses safety and efficiently. Any customers using these services will not be charged to travel.

Bob Hamilton, Managing Director of First South Yorkshire, commented "We are very disappointed that the Unite Union have chosen to strike on Fright Night and are doing our very best to provide as many bus services as possible so that families can get out to enjoy the fun in Sheffield City Centre. We are not charging customers on these routes as a gesture of our appreciation for their patience during this difficult time."

All other First services in Rotherham and Doncaster will operate to their normal timetable.

Services operating a limited timetable on Sunday 25th October in Sheffield:

11, 14, 20, 22, 40, 41, 47, 48, 51, 52, 53, 56, 75, 76, 81/82, 95, 97

That's even more confusing than there being no buses on Sunday! What do they expect us to do - stand and wait at a cold wet bus stop for an hour on the offchance that a bus might turn up but then again it might not!

No, the tram strikes are on 4th and 5th November.

I have not heard about these dates.

Have you got a link?

Nothing on the Stagecoach Supertram site about it.

I have not heard about these dates.

Have you got a link?

Nothing on the Stagecoach Supertram site about it.

Dont do links. If you can not take my word for it please feel free to ignore it.

Dont do links. If you can not take my word for it please feel free to ignore it.

Well thats a bit lazy!

Well I just performed the following Google search:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Stagecoach+Supertram+industrial+action+4th+November&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

...and there were no hits for the dates you mentioned.

Unless you can substantiate your claim there are strikes on the 4th/5th November, I would retract your comments, as all you will do is panic people. These strikes may not even happen yet, and have not even been confirmed yet judging by the lack of Google hits.

Well thats a bit lazy!

Well I just performed the following Google search:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Stagecoach+Supertram+industrial+action+4th+November&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

...and there were no hits for the dates you mentioned.

Unless you can substantiate your claim there are strikes on the 4th/5th November, I would retract your comments, as all you will do is panic people. These strikes may not even happen yet, and have not even been confirmed yet judging by the lack of Google hits.

Strikes have been planned for those days. Fact.

The ballot results were posted by me in the thread on tram strikes. Fact.

There is still time to resolve this issue prior to the dates announced. Fact.

My source is impeccable. Fact

My source is not a website it is a real flesh and blood person. Fact

I have tried to give people maximum warning of this announced strike but because I can not or do not wish to link it to another site you say I should withdraw it. No I will not, I deal in facts and this intended strike is a FACT.

Have you considered that my information is more up to date than certain websites?

So why have these dates not been publicly announced?

Maybe they have not got round to it yet.