Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

well, this is my first attempt at a history / depository for old sheff band demos and stuff (hopefully legal, if i can get peoples permissions :P)

http://sheffieldmusic.multiply.com/

just uploading my first demo (systematic annexe - was a split with anathema, about 1985)

hopefully lots more to come, maybe have a go at designing alogo to replace the hole in the road pic and maybe even a new theme....although i like it black :P

great stuff!

very impressed, this should go down a treat with the thousands of people who are eager for this stuff.

you need to credit my hole in the road photo to me though (in fact you should have asked first - tut-tut! - but permission hereby granted!).

:thumbsup:

ta :)

just waiting for pete fcs to appear ask if i can use some of his photies :)

stuff like the plague dogs, fcs, nihilstics etc

hi melthebell

course you can! you need to mention where they are from of course and mention "freewebs.com/sheffieldarchives"!

thanks

ta :)

just waiting for pete fcs to appear ask if i can use some of his photies :)

stuff like the plague dogs, fcs, nihilstics etc

All three of the nihilistics "old" pics are mine - you can have em. Not sure of the photographer, but it was my camera.

The next 6 on that page are also mine - help yourself.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bingo.master/gallery.htm

hi melthebell

course you can! you need to mention where they are from of course and mention "freewebs.com/sheffieldarchives"!

thanks

lol, yeah....i was in a rush to get it sort of half decent before i went public, soz :P (it did have my head there at first so think yourself lucky i nicked the hole in the road)

glad you both like it anyway, wasnt sure how itd turn out, looks ok at the minute tho :) easier than creating a site from scrath AND finding decent cheap hosting for the files.

right, my plans for it........i want to get permission AND credit people for music or photos as much as i can. such as ive credited carl rose for the elfin pic, but really i need to ask him (its the only elfin pic ive found :( )

so if i use any of your pics pete, i'd keep the peter jones text AND if i can work it out...add your sites to a links page (not tried it yet, but i will)

I wanna add pics for All the bands if i can, so any you have would be greatly recieved cos i havent got many myself :(

I also wanna add somd fcs and nihilstics tracks, demos, live if you dont mind me adding some, i know you both currently have the odd tracks on your own sites (dont want to step on any toes) i wanna add that nihilstics live set recently uploaded if thats ok?

Pete im also thinking of having a go on my own theme for it...see the skyline pic at the top? well i want a similer one but a skyline pic of sheff, i know im asking for a lot of stuff lol, but i dont have that much, but wanna create the best online place for the history of all these lost bands, and make it more sheffieldy too )

I think elfin and slbc will be the next uploads music wise :)

oh yeah i also want to include a photo album of pics of the venues too ...i have a pic of the locarno (forgot where i "borrowed" it from tbh : oops :

dont suppose anybody has any front shots of the likes of the uni, hallamshire hotel, take 2, george 4th etc ?

im gonna look at the blog. dont wanna use it as an actual blog but i might use it to post text files.....such as a list of the gigs ive been to featuring sheff bands over the years.