Punk / metal bands from Sheff between 1986 - 1996

I've had a great time reading and looking at some of the pics. I was a good friend of Mick the drummer from Slopdosh. I remember seeing them in Nottingham i think supporting the Macc lads. I bought 2 souvenirs that day, No sheep til buxton on 12" and an ice-cream cone of **** pin badge. Ernest Jennings come and get your keys cut....... if anyone knows Mick say Hi for me i haven't seen him since early 90's.

That would be when we started with a rip roaring Scapegoat ("Are you scapegoater or scapegoatee?") which I could never quite get my fingers around......

T

that was another classic, also on that cherished demo of mine!

did you ever do friendship preferred, or was that a tim and paul solo project?

:)

we've mentioned the legendary bbc radio sheffield local music presenter nick reynolds a few times here.

nick was also responsible for running dolebusters, with me and lou gob****e acting as two of his sidekicks.

in fact the whole music scene fell apart in 1989 when he left sheffield!

but before going, i wrote a load of comedy hip-hop tracks with him, and we recorded tham at red tape.

we even got offered a distribution deal!

you can hear one of the tracks here....scroll down till you get to the paragraph which says "NOT the fcs":

http://www.freewebs.com/story_of_the_fcs/music.htm

:thumbsup:

music copyright street beat pete (tha's me) 1988

lyrics copyright nick reynolds 1988 (that's nick)

produced by pete **** (that's also me)

that was another classic, also on that cherished demo of mine!

did you ever do friendship preferred, or was that a tim and paul solo project?

:)

I think so.

One of my favourite performances was when Paul did a series of duets with different people upstairs at the Hallamshire - I played guitar sat on the stage while he sang the End of Coronation Street. One of the reviews said "Coronation Street will last a lot longer than you" - or words to that effect.

He did a good job of cutting up a Billy Graham speech for Church of Pain.

I also liked the Masons. They had a song called Bitter and twisted, very witty and slightly sick lyric.

i was at a yugoslavian disco

they played all the same records

that's when i got sick 'n' tired

that's when i became bitter 'n' twisted

i've got...a chip on my shoulder

so big it's almost....a boulder

i LOVED that mason texanline demo tape. i used to play it to death, rewinding it over and over 'cos the wealthy texans were on the other side!

loved the texans too ("living in a box in gleadless" probably spawned the band of the similar name) but preferred the masons!

He did a good job of cutting up a Billy Graham speech for Church of Pain.

"......souls that need to be....souls that need to be...souls that need to be...souls that need to be...half drunk most of the time"

achieved with a cue-and-review button on a tape recorder.

no (affordable) samplers in those days!

I've had a great time reading and looking at some of the pics. I was a good friend of Mick the drummer from Slopdosh. I remember seeing them in Nottingham i think supporting the Macc lads. I bought 2 souvenirs that day, No sheep til buxton on 12" and an ice-cream cone of **** pin badge. Ernest Jennings come and get your keys cut....... if anyone knows Mick say Hi for me i haven't seen him since early 90's.

We supported the MACC LADS at the Retford Porterhouse. We did play Nottingham but can't remember where it was? I know Iggy Pop was playing at Rock City the same night and I wanted to go there instead :D Dunno if I said this before but my favourite gig was the one at the Hallamshire Hotel....I think we had about 24 hours notice and it was packed to the rafters. That was probably the best gig we ever played cos we was on top form, the crowd was on top form and it came together just right. Unfortunately I think it was the only gig that wasn't photographed or recorded which is a shame.