Wisewood School uniform help - what do kids *really* wear?

Hi. My niece has just moved to live with us and has a place at Wisewood school. I've got the uniform list, but do I really have to buy everything on it?! In particular, do kids have to wear logoed polo shirts and a logoed jumper, or can they get away with plain polo shirts and a logoed jumper? What kind of thing do most kids wear? Stuff like that.

Sorry to sound a bit pathetic, but a) I'm on a tight budget and b) don't want my niece to stick out like a sore thumb - she's already really nervous about starting a new school!

Sweatshirts / jumpers / PE kit and polo shirts have to have the logo on - and no black jeans allowed.

PE kit - but any plain shorts are ok??

and i guess no rule on underwear!?

Hiya Muddyfox ;)

My eldest is going into year 10 at wisewood. Its a pain in the bum the uniform they have clamped down on uniform and insist on logoed jumper, poloshirt and pe shirt. They can all be ordered HERE and will be delivered to school or to home (for an additional cost).

If your niece needs somebody to show her the ropes at school I'm sure my DS would be kind enough to do so, (he's not that scarey) :hihi:

My neice goes there aswell, shes going into y10. I think it has to be logo'ed polo shirt and jumper and p.e top.

No black jeans or linen's

we go to a stall in crystal peaks (market place)......

the shirts are about £6 cheaper then buying from the school.

plus you can take away with you as they have loads in stock........

tony

My daughter is at Wisewood - she has a couple of logo'd sweatshirts and 2 logo'd polo shirts - If you can get a polo shirt the same colour and your niece will be keeping her sweatshirt on all day you can get away with it without a logo.

The PE kit is a rip off - I just bought the logo'd T-shirt and bought some cheap navy shorts and footie socks for her.

When I took the form into school, the receptionist did say to me 'the pe kit is compulsory' to which I replied 'well are you going to pay for it then'. She quickly replied 'no' and that was that - all sorted!!

They should still do pe in their vests and underpants like we did!

My mum got me and my brothers a logo sweatshirt and 2 shirts each, considering there were 3 of us at the school it was quite expensive. It got to point where she just started getting plain shirts for us to wear because nobody really noticed, as long as you wear the right colours they don't make much fuss.

As for the P.E kit, it best just to get the logo top because you can buy the shorts and the socks somewhere else. It will cost less and they are more likely to be of better quality.

Hiya Muddyfox ;)

My eldest is going into year 10 at wisewood. Its a pain in the bum the uniform they have clamped down on uniform and insist on logoed jumper, poloshirt and pe shirt. They can all be ordered HERE and will be delivered to school or to home (for an additional cost).

If your niece needs somebody to show her the ropes at school I'm sure my DS would be kind enough to do so, (he's not that scarey) :hihi:

I was looking for a site like this that i used before my daughters school uniform changed, has my friends child is starting the same school she is after some bits. But lookin on the site it does not include my daughters school (unless i must be blind but i check it 3 times), or is there anouther site like this that does uniforms, Has i say i remember useing one about 3 years ago that had the school and old uniform, but it does not look like this was the one.

Sweatshirts / jumpers / PE kit and polo shirts have to have the logo on - and no black jeans allowed.

Spot on - Governors voted on this unanimously 3 years or so ago - logo polo shirts and sweatshirts please and logo PE Tops. You can get away with cheaper PE shorts and socks from a non school supplier. Trousers must be plain and black with no jeans allowed and not really a chino type or at least, not black trousers with any logos' designs etc on them.

Governors reviewed this only a few terms ago and agreed to uphold these standards.

Hope that helps clarify

My daughter is at Wisewood - she has a couple of logo'd sweatshirts and 2 logo'd polo shirts - If you can get a polo shirt the same colour and your niece will be keeping her sweatshirt on all day you can get away with it without a logo.

The PE kit is a rip off - I just bought the logo'd T-shirt and bought some cheap navy shorts and footie socks for her.

In days gone by, just as the uniform system was changing, the scout group locally used to have bring and buy/jumble sales and loads were able to access pretty cheap uniform through this route. I know that we have just been really lucky in being given a load of uniform for our youngest who is about to go into Y10 as the other child no longer needs it.

My point is I guess, is about is there any sort of demand for some sort of "uniform" bank that could be set up? Plenty of Y11's must have some pretty good stuff when they leave Wisewood as must others who move between years and outgrow their uniforms.

What do others think - is there a place for such a scheme?

Edited by Ms Macbeth
Sorting quotes out