White Vauxhall van with camera on Penistone Rd

This afternoon at 4.15 I was doing about 40 on Penistone Rd near Morrisons when suddenly a white Vauxhall van came behind. Being wary I slowed down and got into the other lane however I noticed then that the van had what seemed to be a camra on top. Could this have been a mobile speed camra? Before the holier than thou crowd pipe up I know I'm in the wrong I just think 30 on Penistone Rd is an utter joke.

a speed van has to be sat still to read your speed only the traffic cops have the cameras that get you moving lucky escape for you

No problem with the speed particularly but the bit where you say 'suddenly a white vauxhall came behind.'

There isn't really such thing as suddenly. If you're observing the road correctly anyway.

Thanks for the advice guys. It would probablymake life easier if there were loads of cameras along penistone rd then we'd all slow down. Oh and when I say suddenly I mean i saw it quickly pull out of the other lane or were you just trying to be smart?

or it could have been google for it google earth

google cars a errr car lol not a van

No problem with the speed particularly but the bit where you say 'suddenly a white vauxhall came behind.'

There isn't really such thing as suddenly. If you're observing the road correctly anyway.

Ouch,..... not everyone is perfect 100% of the time.... try not to be so harsh sounding! :-)

Nah sorry of it sounded harsh - it just grinds me gears when people say suddenly in a sentence like that. It sounded as if the car appeared from nowhere, which, unless Harry Houdini is driving, never happens.