How did you think of your pets name?

HHhhmmmm Blade the GSD after The Blades. He gets called several variations, usually Bladey-Pooh or something similar cos Mr SpeedDemon is daft :rolleyes:

Tilly the springer came to us already named.

Donut the cat came to us at a few weeks old called Daisy but after she'd climbed a few brick walls and done other stupid things, she kept getting refferred to as a donut, so Donut she became.

She went on to have kittens, which the kids named Bob & Kevin. No idea why??!!!

Our maine coon is Princess Delilah, as i wanted something "posh" sounding for a posh cat.

Our new ragdoll kitten is Jemima, after Jemima Ragdoll from playschool. Both her and the maine coon have pedigree names too.

The parrot started life as Max, thats what the kids called him. I have no idea why, but somewhere early on he became maximus pikelet, now he's just pikelet!

The chickens are called after old ladies I have nursed over the years - Dorothy & Marjorie, Gladys (my late aunt) and Matilda who was named by the mum-in-law.

dash was already named but stuck cos he dashed around like a nutta

maddison i named her because i loved the name and it suits her :) and she's a madam

nala was already named but love the name and its my dads named reversed which was quiete spooky seen as he's passed away

and alfie was already named but couldnt change it because he really is an alfie lol

George, the cat, just looked like a George!! And it still suits him.

We wanted to call dog no 1 after our lovely neighbour, Bill, the closest name we could come up with was Wilhelmina, but she's called Mina. Unfortunately, it also happens to be the name of my elder brother's wife!! :hihi:

Dog no 2 came to me as Sonny, it took me a while to find the right name - it's Zebedee, after the character in the Magic Roundabout, because the old lad bounces round like he's on springs!!

Forgot to say, as well as looking for names beginning with A, we still tried tto choose names that suited our lots personalities and appearance, so Amber is our gorgeous classic brown tabby Maine coon with huge amber coloured eyes; Ashia is an ash-silver Norwegian Forest Cat, Arnie her baby boy is aka 'the purrminator' for obvious and very loud reasons; Aero is a chocolate brown havana, Alfie is just plain cheeky and into everything. Ailsa is noble, germanic and loyal (and a doberman). Aimee is beloved and lucky to be alive. Beauty the bengal rescue is just that. Charlie is a right Charlie. Our oldest mog Minty was my mum's kitten - we took her in when my mum passed away and as she was only a few weeks old, she couldnt be treated for fleas so we had to put a mint infused cat collar on her and the name Minty just stuck. We also call her NuNu cos she hoovers up everything you put in her dish.

My cats were named by my housemate. Chico - because of the XFactor craze and also he has a little black beard on his chin which makes him look a little cheeky and Tiger Lily because her mum was called Lily.

I have named cats according to their personalities - Batfink because he liked to sleep upside down. :)

My ex hubby chose old-dog's name, "Kane", because his shape looked like K9 off Doctor Who.

Midnight was so called because he was originally a stray cat who used to come calling by leaping through my window around midnight! :hihi:

Jasper Cat (RIP) and his brother Topaz (RIP) were carrying on the tradition of my giving my cats "jewel" names. (Emerald was the first)

The late Sweep became "Sweepy-peeps" because he didn't "mew", he "peeped". Tawny, my elderly CPL-rescued ginger boy who passed away 10 yrs ago was already named when he came to us. it suited him.

Trixie (Tricky-trix, Trixie-Trixie-full-of-tricks, Destruct-o-pup...) was so named because she was full of tricks.

Dexter cat (Dexie, Diddle-Dex, Diddle-cat) was originally "Dixie" but it was a bit too similar to Trixie's name. I like Dexter the TV series (MMM! *sigh* Michael J Hall!) and thought the name suited him. it's near enough to his original name to not confuse him, but just different enough! :)

Hamsters I have had have had "Fawlty towers" links, 2X Basils, a Manuel, and the females were a Sybil and a Polly.

Russian dwarf hammies I had were Eric and Ernie, on account of their short fat hairy legs!

Our Tortoise was named by my little lad, he chose Trevor, after my Brother in Law who we lost in 2006.

Our new baby Labrador is going to be named George puerly because he look's like a George and I do love the name! xxxx

Axl - the cocker spaniel named by my husband after Axl Rose, the next one is going to be a black cocker called Slash!!!!!!

Won't that be a laugh shouting them in the park? But at least it will stop people asking if he's named after Axl Foley??