I want to open a pub/bar

Hello

I hate my office job so much that I want to put my silly little thought of opening a bar in the city centre into fruition. Before you start - i'm not doing it to drink all the profits!!!

I was wondering if anyone on here has started their own business before, if it was a bar that would be very helpful, and what tips they could possibly give me for things that i may need but won't account for.

Also does anybody know what Sheffield City council are like on giving drinks licences?

Thanks in advance

The first thing to do may be to read Classic Rock's thread - help me find a pub

:thumbsup:

See you back here in a week ;)

Sorry to be a pain but I can't seem to find it? Link please?

Ok cheers.

Looked through, but that's more somebody looking for premises, which is what i'll be doing too, but live music isn't one of my ideas at the moment.

I'm more after tips on how to market the business well to the bank, so that they'll loan me enough money etc!!

I thought the list of vacant sites may be of use to you ;)

I cant help with the financial stuff though

Good luck :thumbsup:

hey andy if your still looking at opening a bar mail back?

i've ran and owned my own bar for 8 months now?

regards

Hi John I've sent you a PM

Visit the websites of a few pub companies (e.g. Punch, Enterprise) they often give worthwhile advice for people thinking about taking the plunge.

Also check out Brownhill Vickers http://www.bvandp.co.uk who are an estate agent for the trade, there are some useful links on there.

You'll need to pull a full business plan together to gain finance from a bank to raise money for a lease, you'll need to be able to guarantee that money will be paid back. You'll need to get an idea of barrellage of the pub that you'll take over.

Good luck.

If you manage to get your bar up and running i'd be happy to help you,worked in bars for 7 years and love a new challenge

Does anyone have any links for Enterprise Inns ?

I can't find anything :confused:

hi

You can have a look at punch taverns. They are the biggest pub owner in the country and lease out pubs to people interested in running them. So its basically like having your own pub, in return you pay them a fixed rent plus any premium that may be included when you take the pub off them

They have pubs available all over the UK, you can register and browse on their website