Hitting the wall, lifechanging experiences.

So the real friendships that have formed through this very forum that have spilled over into the (for want of a better phrase) real world, what are they all about then?

They can't be anomalies as there are so many of them.

The world has moved on, like it or not and this is exactly the sort of place that new friendships are forged.

ERM.....I never thought that you would be dishonest enough to twist my words and use them against me!

My original point was that there is a difference between online and REAL relationships. If an online relationship results in a REAL one then that is fine!.

The point that I was making is that for some, online relationships are their reality, which is completely different. They see their online relationships as their reality?......SO THERE!:razz:

I was merely attempting to point out that there is a vast difference between online "relationships " and real relationships. Sometimes I form the opinion that some people do not realise that. Forums and chatrooms become their reality. That is sad!

Reality and virtual reality will never meet, they are poles apart.

So my real life partner, who I met through the forum, is he somehow unreal?

Can you stop trying to imply that there's something wrong with being on a forum (all the time whilst being on a forum) please?

So my real life partner, who I met through the forum, is he somehow unreal?

Can you stop trying to imply that there's something wrong with being on a forum (all the time whilst being on a forum) please?

I will think about it.....ERM....but I never said that there was anything wrong with being on the forum?

I will think about it.....ERM....but I never said that there was anything wrong with being on the forum?

Labelling anyone who talks to others and develops relationships online as sad sounds rather negative to me.

Anyway, this thread is not about that. Can you leave the thread to what it IS about?

ERM.....you an agony aunt columnist for some magazine girl?....or just a wanna be one?

No, she's somebody who can empathise with other people and cares enough to try and help them.

Which makes her a far more valuable member of the forum (and the human race) than somebody who is only capable of making smart-ar$e comments when other people's feelings are involved.

ERM.....I never thought that you would be dishonest enough to twist my words and use them against me!

My original point was that there is a difference between online and REAL relationships. If an online relationship results in a REAL one then that is fine!.

The point that I was making is that for some, online relationships are their reality, which is completely different. They see their online relationships as their reality?......SO THERE!:razz:

Don't get shirty, just because you're wrong.:hihi::hihi:

No words were twisted, a simple question was asked.

You answered it quite well, despite the mardy footstamping.

Have another toffee and let us get back to the wall, there's a good chap.

ERM.....I really do think that you should make more of an effort now to form some close relationships. Close relationships are important and cannot be properly formed on the internet. Chatrooms are a huge community where people can be lonely together?......ERM....what about see, touch, hear and smell?.....and body heat!

Of course, those things are important and I do crave intimacy occasionally. I am only human after all.

I don't remember equating online with "real-world" relationships, so I'm not disagreeing with you there. However, mojo1 is correct - online relationships can lead to real world relationships.

I'm aware if I actually overcame my petty fear of engaging in new social situations and got out to a forum meet, I would make that link between virtual and actual friendships. I think I would have done that by now if I was that lonely.

ERM....why is everyone picking on me?....have I struck a nerve?.....anyhow I like being picked on....SO THERE!

Get back on topic please- that means leaving the thread unless you have something to say about the topic of the title.

Final warning before bans.

Of course, those things are important and I do crave intimacy occasionally. I am only human after all.

I don't remember equating online with "real-world" relationships, so I'm not disagreeing with you there. However, mojo1 is correct - online relationships can lead to real world relationships.

I'm aware if I actually overcame my petty fear of engaging in new social situations and got out to a forum meet, I would make that link between virtual and actual friendships. I think I would have done that by now if I was that lonely.

OK. My view is that you are afraid to get close to people in real relationships because you do not wish to be hurt, so your substitute is online relationships which are your reality......ERM....I could be wrong, there is a first time for everything!:roll:

Get back on topic please- that means leaving the thread unless you have something to say about the topic of the title.

Final warning before bans.

ERM...what was the topic again?

OK. My view is that you are afraid to get close to people in real relationships because you do not wish to be hurt, so your substitute is online relationships which are your reality......ERM....I could be wrong, there is a first time for everything!:roll:

I don't think anyone wishes to get hurt.

Do you think people are unable to get hurt via online?

What you've said may look good, but in reality it has no basis. Unless of course you've had epiphany on the couch.