Bar 23 Resturant

Natnat

I have been twice.

The first time was hit and miss, the £8 scallop starter was just one scallop sliced into slithers, very tight. My main was a beef wellington which was not bad but there were 10 of us and we asked for various side dishes and they brought us ont just 2 mixed veg side dishes which was not what we asked, but we thought that by the time we would have corrected them our mains would have been cold! So we had a very small side orders, then they tried charging us for our for what we ordered, so we complained.

The 2nd time we went they had changed the menu and it was just a little weak all round the quality and service had gone down hill and it just feels like they are trying to be too tight.

If they pulled up their sock they would have a winner on their plate (for give the pun)

I have eaten there its absolutely brilliant. Went last christmas for department do and had a three course meal for £15 it was so good we went back a few weeks back and had our wedding reception there for £18 a head for a three course meal. The food is absolutely lovely and a very nice atmosphere. Think we will probably go this christmas too if I can arrange it.