Is Fopp to re-open?

There are rumours that there was a Fopp re-opening party at the Frog & Parrot over the weekend. Is it about to re-open then? Does anybody know owt about this?

I hope so. I'm fed up wi' having to go to HMV for my record fix.

There are rumours that there was a Fopp re-opening party at the Frog & Parrot over the weekend. Is it about to re-open then? Does anybody know owt about this?

Really hope so. It's a travesty that there's only one half decent record shop in town.

Jacks is about to close as well i believe.

I'm afraid it's now the way of things - CD sales are plummeting.

Yep, Fopp will be reopening in one of the units in the former Yates's on Division Street I believe.

But don't HMV now own Fopp? So is a reopened Fopp just a little HMV?

But don't HMV now own Fopp? So is a reopened Fopp just a little HMV?

True, but the stock in Fopp will be different. If it's anything like the Fopp of old, there will be an emphasis on new releases and bargain cult classics of yesteryear. I have to go searching all over the shop for stuff that I want in HMV - often to find that they don't have it in stock.

Importantly, it'll be a lot nearer where I work at the top of Division st!

Yep, Fopp will be reopening in one of the units in the former Yates's on Division Street I believe.

Excellent news. I hope you're right. Thanks.

Fopp is reopening however it's now basically a mini HMV but with a few cds you wouldn't find in HMV nothing like the old Fopp

Fopp is reopening however it's now basically a mini HMV but with a few cds you wouldn't find in HMV nothing like the old Fopp

Is there a link to this info?

I hope they do re-open, and carry on selling the books they did as well.

I'm currently reading Norwegian Wood that i picked up from there years ago for £3.00, bloody bargain.

About 8 stores stayed open when the others closed, and the Fopp in Covent Garden was one of them. I've been there plenty of times and am happy to report that actually it is still like the old Fopp we knew and loved.

What a great swap - Yates' for Fopp! Anyone know when it is opening? They are refitting the unit/s at the moment.