Reverend & Makers singer generalises that northerers vote BNP!

Is the threat of the BNP real = NO but try telling the PC people that.

In 5 years they have got nowhere fast and with our current system of fist past the post they wont get anywhere either.

Stop worrying about them and concentrate on the corrupt politicians that we have in power now.

Still not heard of them, they cant be that good

They're rubbish, in my opinion. And that Jon Mclure has got an ego the size of mars. Just another rubbish group tryin to drum up a bit of publicity by using the name BNP to sell records. Pathetic.

Has Jon Mclure actually listened to the average persons views on immigration and law and order for example? They make the BNP sound like Bono and Lenny Henry on a fact finding mission to Africa. Try visiting a working class pub if you dare, middle class Jon.

Reverend & Makers singer Jon Mclure is seriously out of touch.

They're rubbish, in my opinion. And that Jon Mclure has got an ego the size of mars. Just another rubbish group tryin to drum up a bit of publicity by using the name BNP to sell records. Pathetic.

Has Jon Mclure actually listened to the average persons views on immigration and law and order for example? They make the BNP sound like Bono and Lenny Henry on a fact finding mission to Africa. Try visiting a working class pub if you dare, middle class Jon.

So he's not allowed to have an opinion just because he's had a different up-bringing to you?

So he's not allowed to have an opinion just because he's had a different up-bringing to you?

Just sick and tired of celebs and pop stars talkin about politics and global warming when they know diddly squat. Maddonna preaches about climate change after flying in by private jet. Geldof makes millions talking about starving kids. They are all just nutters. Very, very wealthy nutters. Completely out of touch of course.

Just sick and tired of celebs and pop stars talkin about politics and global warming when they know diddly squat. Maddonna preaches about climate change after flying in by private jet. Geldof makes millions talking about starving kids. They are all just nutters. Very, very wealthy nutters. Completely out of touch of course.

Hmm, i'm not sure that you can compare what Madonna and Geldof (you forgot Bono, the worst offender) do with a guy out of a relatively unknown indie band expressing a little concern at a fascist party's success

Hmm, i'm not sure that you can compare what Madonna and Geldof (you forgot Bono, the worst offender) do with a guy out of a relatively unknown indie band expressing a little concern at a fascist party's success

Doug Mclure isn't really bothered a jot about any fascist party's success. He knows that making such comments to the media will raise his profile and hopefully sell more tunes. He's a virtual unknown trying to ride the coat tails of the BNP for all its worth - lots and lots of groats if he's lucky. Its tacky, but not surprising.

I did think he was pretty good at fighting off the pterodactyls though.

With a degree in history and politics he would appear to know a bit more than 'diddly squat'.

I expect for example he would know that Trotskyists were victims of Stalin and not supporters, pretty basic stuff that escaped you earlier on on this thread.

With a degree in history and politics he would appear to know a bit more than 'diddly squat'.

I expect for example he would know that Trotskyists were victims of Stalin and not supporters, pretty basic stuff that escaped you earlier on on this thread.

Lenin and Trotsky killed 4 million people - men, women and children - by mass executions, death camps, and state-caused famine which started as soon as they got into power in 1917. All across the Russian countryside in 1917-22, there were riots and uprisings as heroic peasants tried desperately to hold on to their freedom. They were well aware of the nature of the people that had taken over their country. These forgotten heroes were killed by the million. Their families - men, women and children - were executed or sent to death camps. Their villages were burnt, and even bombed with chemical weapons by the monsters Lenin and Trotsky.

Those who support Trotsky support a mass murderer.

its John McClure isn't it? havent some 'political' bands been doing this for years?

never mind what they sing about, what do they sound like? whats that? utter toss? well if the cap fits....

do politics and music (well popular music at least) mix, I mean when a modern political party can add a popular music track (things can only....) to their anodyne smalchz, where does that leave us?

music is more about inspiring emotions than actions....

Nah, he's got strong political views and has voiced them for a long time before this, search him on youtube. He is just voicing his opinion here and he was asked a question about the BNP, it's not like he went randomly off topic just to mention them in his interview. It's good that we have a pop star (ok he's not mega famous but he's not a pop nobody either) who is politically active rather than the squeaky clean pop acts who toe the line and are just plain boring.

He seems well on the ball to me, he has recently commented about how the press is obsessed with celebrities rather than important global issues and said 'Chelsea Davy being orange is not more important than Israel dropping phosphorous on kids'. I think his comment about northeners voting for the BNP was meant as 'a lot of northeners that used to vote Labour now vote BNP' rather than 'every white person north of Solihull is a racist BNP voter'.

Lenin and Trotsky killed 4 million people - men, women and children - by mass executions, death camps, and state-caused famine which started as soon as they got into power in 1917. All across the Russian countryside in 1917-22, there were riots and uprisings as heroic peasants tried desperately to hold on to their freedom. They were well aware of the nature of the people that had taken over their country. These forgotten heroes were killed by the million. Their families - men, women and children - were executed or sent to death camps. Their villages were burnt, and even bombed with chemical weapons by the monsters Lenin and Trotsky.

Those who support Trotsky support a mass murderer.

I don't know where you get your numbers from but in the context of a Civil War with 15 million dead, it suggests the author of the figures is quite happy misrepresenting the facts. And where is the context of the atrocities of the White army the 100,000 Jews killed by the White Russians in the Ukraine? Civil Wars are a nasty business at the best of times. But when the opponents of the state ally with foreign armies resulting in millions dead you expect tensions to run high.

A more balanced assessment of Trotsky's role has him as a moderate enlisting deserters and reintroducing grain markets to deal with shortages.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trotsky#Civil_War_.281918-1920.29

Edited by Wildcat

Doug Mclure isn't really bothered a jot about any fascist party's success. He knows that making such comments to the media will raise his profile and hopefully sell more tunes. He's a virtual unknown trying to ride the coat tails of the BNP for all its worth - lots and lots of groats if he's lucky. Its tacky, but not surprising.

I did think he was pretty good at fighting off the pterodactyls though.

he was even better as Trampas in the Virginian!!!!