Remember commonside late 50s early 60s

Right so if I remember rightly, Janet had three children, 2 boys, 1 girl so which one are you? I can picture the two boys but can't remember their names(Wayne?). Can remember your dad too

Wayne (44 me) Craig (41 and lives in North Wales) and Joanne (36 lives in Loxley).

Yes I remember the cottages. The Myers family lived there, and the big one on the end was Cardwells. Wow i'd forgot about them. There was a family next door to Myers as well but I can't remember their surname.(Colliers?). Yes that's it. David Collier used to live there and al the girls fancied him like mad. Myers family consisted of Kieron, Martin, Mark(?)...can't remember rest.

Adrian Myers he was a year or two younger than me. I remember the long front gardens on those cottages.

Wayne (44 me) Craig (41 and lives in North Wales) and Joanne (36 lives in Loxley).

Wow, it seems weird now. I can picture you very clearly and Craig. Hows your mum and dad

Wow, it seems weird now. I can picture you very clearly and Craig. Hows your mum and dad

They're fine thanks.

I love Commonside and still get a special feeling whenever I'm there. I still go in the Hallamshire now and again for a pint.

Hope you are well

Do you ever hear from Pamela or Margaret ?

I used to live at Number 41 Hands Road. We moved in 1977,but my parents lived there from 1964. We had to move due to the old cottages were pulled down. I think theres a couple of Semi Houses built on the site. Can anyone remember the cottages? There was I think 7 small houses 2 up 2 down. One large one on the end. We was posh,we had a bath in the kitchen.

I seem to remeber the one nearest the road having a lovely garden looked after by an old man.

earlier someone mentioned the hospital at commonside it wasnt a mental hospital it was a sanatorium for tuberculosis in the 1950s

I thought the butcher's shop was called Becketts.

Yes, it was Becketts.

Adrian Myers he was a year or two younger than me. I remember the long front gardens on those cottages.

Martin and Kieron too.

They're fine thanks.

I love Commonside and still get a special feeling whenever I'm there. I still go in the Hallamshire now and again for a pint.

Hope you are well

Do you ever hear from Pamela or Margaret ?

I like to call into the closed shop and hallamshire... old times...and yes...special feelings... as I still feel at home there.

Yes the first old cottage kept by an old couple,I remember it well. My dad had to go in when he had died,that I do remember well,due to I asked for a look :-( he said no!! Also when the houses slowly emptied,we went in looking for treasure. Thinking back the stuff left in there now a days was. My dad local was the Closed Shop,he visit often,most nights.

Yes the first old cottage kept by an old couple,I remember it well. My dad had to go in when he had died,that I do remember well,due to I asked for a look :-( he said no!! Also when the houses slowly emptied,we went in looking for treasure. Thinking back the stuff left in there now a days was. My dad local was the Closed Shop,he visit often,most nights.

I'll probably know your dad then. Anyone who went in Hallamshire/Closed Shop from late 70s, I would probably know lol

That's us (lol). David, Linda, Marie(got killed in a car crash in 1984), me(Jenni) and Susan. Yeh I remember A1 taxis. Are you old enough to remember hairdressers on other end of row of shops, Scotts(newsagents/sweet shop) run by John and Kitty Scott.

Memories are just flooding back

Hairdressers run by Emerly.