Gas Guzzlers getting priority at tip sites..

absolutely.

The world always looks better when put in perspective.

Just want to say though, I use this tip every week because I recycle all I possibly can.

Normally I have to wait a couple of mins after sounding my horn to be let in, then either the attendant lets those in front of me in (quite rightly) or more often than not I have to either sit and wait for a car driver to let me into the line (which frankly seldom happens) or do what I usually do and get off my fat backside and walk the 20 or so yards with my stuff.

chesterfield ?i helped my brother from barlow dispose of some rubbish there,we put itin black bags and waited agesto tip it the workman asked what was in the bags,we told him and he said dump them in that skip there then,after about 8 bags had been dumped he turned to us and said you shouldnt throw black bags in.. he had been stood along side us all the while
Racist swine !!!! they are refuse sacks.... :hihi:

the "gas guzzler" as you call it had to go through the entrance for the site set up to stop businesses using it as a free dump paid for by your council tax contributions. the height restriction is designed to stop transit vans but also stops any other vehicle that is unfortunate to meet the same height restriction. vehicles that have to use this lane are supposed to pre-register that they will be going to the tip and provide proof of ID when they arrive. if they got though its because the staff at the sight missed them.

also these "gas guzzlers" need fewer trips to the tip because of the size of the load they can carry, something smaller "greener" cars have to do in several trips, (using more fuel).

also we own a "gas guzzling" 4x4 but you know what, it was bought for a very specific reason, that is to tow our caravan, for holidays in Britain that use less fuel than driving for several hours to an airport or port to board a "gas guzzling" plane or boat. in the week it sits on our driveway whilst my husband and i use "greener" public transport.

try not to be so narrow minded! people like you infuriate me at times :rant:

us 4x4 drivers are seen as the devil himself by the green brigade -take no notice ,i dont -i just let them bang on and makes themselves look silly

go to deepcar. Always quieter and you aint gotta go past that scrubber family that live opposite the shirecliffe tip.

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

us 4x4 drivers are seen as the devil himself by the green brigade -take no notice ,i dont -i just let them bang on and makes themselves look silly

I know, but, after a while it gets on your pip. They only get picked on by narrow minded individuals due to them being higher up than say a saloon car. And unless you move a lever through choice, the majority of these so called 4x4's are only two wheel drive all of the time anyway.

But some of these saloon cars that people drive (through choice as well, which we are allowed to do in this country) like- a Subaru or an Audi or a Volvo or a VW, these are 4x4's all of the time and believe it or not some of them pay more road tax due to emissions, but you don't hear of people being anti-Subaru or anti-VW.

But as mentioned before you don't hear us moaning about being forced to use a segregated lane at the council tip, having to use the horn to attract somebodies attention and then wait for a bloke to come and open the barrier.

i avoid the high road tax on my Discovery by having one that was made just before 2001-so only pay the same as a car

i avoid the high road tax on my Discovery by having one that was made just before 2001-so only pay the same as a car

You may feel smug about paying less tax but your vehicle is doing just as much harm to the environment.

I know, but, after a while it gets on your pip. They only get picked on by narrow minded individuals due to them being higher up than say a saloon car. And unless you move a lever through choice, the majority of these so called 4x4's are only two wheel drive all of the time anyway.

But some of these saloon cars that people drive (through choice as well, which we are allowed to do in this country) like- a Subaru or an Audi or a Volvo or a VW, these are 4x4's all of the time and believe it or not some of them pay more road tax due to emissions, but you don't hear of people being anti-Subaru or anti-VW.

But as mentioned before you don't hear us moaning about being forced to use a segregated lane at the council tip, having to use the horn to attract somebodies attention and then wait for a bloke to come and open the barrier.

"Gas Guzzling 4x4" is a bit of a misnomer brought to you by the misinformed tree-hugging lentle-eating brigade. My Discovery 2.5 Auto TDi does more MPG than a great many of the "normal" 2x2 petrol driven cars.

"Gas Guzzling 4x4" is a bit of a misnomer brought to you by the misinformed tree-hugging lentle-eating brigade. My Discovery 2.5 Auto TDi does more MPG than a great many of the "normal" 2x2 petrol driven cars.

the last time i tested my 2.5 300TDI it passed the emissions test with flying colours ,where as my brothers 1.4l clio failed badly

You may feel smug about paying less tax but your vehicle is doing just as much harm to the environment.

its not smugness -just a way of avoiding being ripped off by the government -after all my 4x4 has four wheels and an engine -the same as any other car

I disagree.

You're looking purely at fuel costs , and not the whole life costs of the vehicle.

The majority of Land Rovers that have been made are still in use, unlike the disposable 'eco-boxes' being churned out by the millions for the 'greenwashed' to buy.

Using an older vehicle means that no new resources have to be used to manufacture a replacement; by far the biggest cost to the environment.

PS. My 20 year old car passes it's plant food gas test every year when it's MOT'd, it's pretty crap for tip runs though.

Why is it just 4x4's get a bad press?? they are less polluting than most of the upper class audi's and bmw's around. 4x4 just means all wheels are driven and the engine is probably a lot smaller than say a M3 or a S6 Audi