New mad ideas for United to ensure bigger crowds than Wednesday

Titanic99

I can't work out why all the insults on this thread have come from Blades, I don't know if this is normal or only applicable to this thread.

Titanic,

you really must pay more attention, you call them insults, the blades call it banter. Fact your statement is again incorrect. You state "i cant work our why ALL the insults on this thread come from blades".

So mr Benns ref to "blunts" and "porky chums" in this thread are over looked ???.

More likly is Blades can take the stick as banter, you seem to take it as insult!!

Another incorrect post from you, in the words of Tom Jones "its not unusual":hihi:

Edited by TAT

Tit, Mr and Corker - the three stooges eh, i've never read more tripe than the lot you three post.

Us Blades should be worried by our signings, what about Miller and Purse, one whose done nothing for an average Ipswich team and Purse who was past it 2 or 3 seasons ago when he left Brum. I'm not worried Mr B, are you?

Stop embarrassing di sen :cool:

Tit, Mr and Corker - the three stooges eh, i've never read more tripe than the lot you three post.

Us Blades should be worried by our signings, what about Miller and Purse, one whose done nothing for an average Ipswich team and Purse who was past it 2 or 3 seasons ago when he left Brum. I'm not worried Mr B, are you?

im not worried at all fella ,id be more worried by the lack of ambition at the lane in siging half of a team from the bottom 10 of the championship -those were the players that struggled for watford last year-why should they do any better at the lane ?

FREYASDAD No team in case you haven't noticed is spending huge amounts on transfer fees or wages hence not a great deal of activity.QUOTE]

That's not true atall Cardiff are showing there clout by breaking there club record fee for Michael Chopra 4 million smackers m8y :)

Michael Chopra has completed his club record £4m move to Championship side Cardiff City from Sunderland.

The former England Under-21 striker joined Cardiff initially on loan in January but has now signed a permanent three-year contract.

The 25-year-old said: "I'm really glad it is all sorted and I'm excited and determined to gain promotion."

Chopra is the third player to sign permanently for Cardiff this week while full-back Paul Quinn is set to join.

Bluebirds boss Dave Jones signed defensive duo Anthony Gerrard from Walsall and Mark Hudson from Charlton Athletic.

While Cardiff are expected to complete the signing of Motherwell defender Quinn next week as Jones bids to bolster his backline following the defensive departures of Roger Johnson and Darren Purse.

The Chopra deal breaks Cardiff's £1.7m transfer record the club paid Stoke City for striker Peter Thorne in September 2001.

A Chopra deal is also Cardiff's record transfer received when Sunderland paid £5m for him in July 2007.

The former Newcastle United striker is in his third spell in South Wales as Chopra scored 22 goals in his previous stint at Cardiff in the 2006/7 season.

But his stay at Cardiff ended when Newcastle's North East rivals splashed out £5m for him two years ago.

Chopra scored six goals in 33 Premier League appearances in 2007/8 but struggled to establish himself in the first team and suffered high-profile off-the-field problems.

Chopra initially re-signed for Cardiff in November on loan before being recalled by the then Sunderland boss Ricky Sbragia.

But Chopra once again returned to Cardiff on the final day of the January transfer window - signing on loan initially to ensure the paperwork was submitted before the transfer deadline.

And his permanent back move to Cardiff was sealed when his loan officially ended.

Chopra scored nine goals in 27 games during his two spells at Ninian Park last season and was in the squad that suffered play-off heartbreak on the final day of the season.

Cardiff were among the Championship's top six for most of the season but missed out on a play-off shot in the final 15 minutes of the season.

"I, like all the other lads, am excited and determined to go that extra mile to gain promotion," Chopra told Cardiff's official website.

"We are all putting in 110% in training and there is a good feeling within the squad."

Thats what id call making a statement!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again the thread goes off topic, we now have Cardiff involved !! Corker states Cardiff have made a statement in signing Chopra.Maybe so.

We are in the close season, of course its quiet, but Uniteds activity in the transfer market is a positive one. Bids of £1.5 for Chad Evans, £1.8 for Tommy Smith. talk of multi million bid for Beckford . etc

Far more positive than S6. Unitedites are realistic enough to know, we have budgets to stick to, but overall everything is positive at the lane. 19,000 season ticket holders agree.

Can the Owls say the same? 2 free transfers in, below forcast ticket sales, an uncertain budget, an unstable board. And massive debt. If Cardiff have made a statement in their bids, United show intent in their bids, what does the market say about Wednesdays intent ?? 2 free signings up to now.

Again the thread goes off topic, we now have Cardiff involved !! Corker states Cardiff have made a statement in signing Chopra.Maybe so.

We are in the close season, of course its quiet, but Uniteds activity in the transfer market is a positive one. Bids of £1.5 for Chad Evans, £1.8 for Tommy Smith. talk of multi million bid for Beckford . etc

Far more positive than S6. Unitedites are realistic enough to know, we have budgets to stick to, but overall everything is positive at the lane. 19,000 season ticket holders agree.

Can the Owls say the same? 2 free transfers in, below forcast ticket sales, an uncertain budget, an unstable board. And massive debt. If Cardiff have made a statement in their bids, United show intent in their bids, what does the market say about Wednesdays intent ?? 2 free signings up to now.

Were not thinking where going up this season where as a lot of Unitedites seem to think there going to hit the ground running.

And im sure like in "real life" people don't really care who like's them on here they can lump it i say lol :hihi:

Were not thinking where going up this season where as a lot of Unitedites seem to think there going to hit the ground running.

And im sure like in "real life" people don't really care who like's them on here they can lump it i say lol :hihi:

I must have missed something then, i have not seen one post saying we are going up !! same as last season all the blades i spoke to and the posts i read aimed at a play off place. Once we were in the play-off of course expectations grew.

I get the same response this coming season.

Edited by TAT

I must have missed something then, i have not seen one post saying we are going up !! same as last season all the blades i spoke to and the posts i read aimed at a play off place. Once we were in the play-off off course expectations grew.

I get the same response this coming season.

Ive spoke to load's of Blades mate's and they reckon you'll do it this season, stop sitting on the fence load's of Blade's every season for the last 5 season's reckon your going up what a load of tripe.:wow:

Ive spoke to load's of Blades mate's and they reckon you'll do it this season, stop sitting on the fence load's of Blade's every season for the last 5 season's reckon your going up what a load of tripe.:wow:

As a blade of over 40 years, a former chair of the London blades, a webmaster for exiled blades, a season ticket holder for many a year, i assure you my comments are genuine and based on a large United fan base. Sitting on the fence is not my style.

Prove me wrong, and i will hold my hand up. YOU STATE MANY UNITED FANS STATE WE ARE GOING UP AUTOMATICALLY. Point me in to the manys posts, that refer to this on the forum . Plenty of United posts here , lets make it easy, point me to what 4 or 5 of these " many blades".

Of COURSE I AND MANY BLADES HOPE WE GO UP:) BUT ARE NOT SO DAFT TO PREDICT OR EXPECT IT.

Edited by TAT

As a blade of over 40 years, a former chair of the London blades, a webmaster for exiled blades, a season ticket holder for many a year, i assure you my comments are genuine and based on a large United fan base. Sitting on the fence is not my style.

Prove me wrong, and i will hold my hand up. YOU STATE MANY UNITED FANS THINK WE ARE GOING UP AUTOMATICALLY. Point me in to the manys posts, that refer to this on the forum . Plenty of United posts here , lets make it easy, point me to what 4 or 5 of these " many blades".

No Blade on here has got the ball's to make such a bold statement on here because it's prooved by the click of a button if there even slightley wrong, get thi sen down town and listen to the fan's in the boozers like the banker's penny black etc etc.

I had a good chat with one group of lad's in the sheaf last week and they reckon that United have got more than a good chance of automatic promotion.