Norton College anyone?

Anyone go or used to go to Norton College, If so whats it like? Im starting there in September, dont know how im going to get there though. The only thing im worried about is the size, its huge/.

Hi,

I went to Norton college for 3 years... It does look big but really it isnt the different courses tend to stick to certain parts so you dont see it all.

What course you doing?

sociology

psychology

english language

and hopefully photography at night

They wouldnt let me do beginners photography as a course because i have no experience in a dark room...isnt that the point in beginners? :confused: lol

typical I did a media course which was journalism, photography, sound, video and summat else i cant remember.

The photography dept is good but be really confident as the tutors are a bit of a pain ... the darkroom stuff is realy easy... you'll be ok :0)

I went to Norton college to do Advanced IT and Business Studies A level.

The college is great really.

Can't believe they won't let you do photography cos of that! What a bunch of idiots!.

Get yourself a cheap SLR camera, and visit web sites for tips and tricks around the web.

I did this almost a year back and have already won my first photography award :clap:

You don't need to be taught photography, it comes from within yourself (and lots of practice!)

i'm off to learn greek @ nights @ Norton College - well i was until they changed the course to Sharrow Lane.

job_seeker, You first three subjects are probably OK but I would recomend against doing photography at night. This can sometimes work if you use a long exposure time but you will find you can get much better results if you take "snaps" during the day.

night classes, so will be taking pictures either during the day to develop at night at the class or the photos i will be taking will be in the classroom chick.

I have just finished a modern language course at Norton at nights, I have been there for 2 years now and it's fine.

Originally posted by willman

greek @ nights @ Norton College - well i was until they changed the course to Sharrow Lane.

Unfortunately I have to go to Tapton next year to continue, it seems that the government has reduced the funds to support adult courses this year, and 8 courses are feeding into about 2 higher courses which is a shame.

- so much for education, education,education....

Norton is on the bus route for many of the busses which go through woodseats. It is very close to Jordanthorpe, and fairly close to low edges. I think either 75 or 76 will get you there. But I have never caught either bus up there so best check the online timetable from the route..

My lecturers made sure that everyone had a lift home from the other students on the first night, especially on the way back home.