Leadmill Assault (early hours of 23/06/09)

Thanks for the replies, I obviously got the date wrong (it was of course the early hours of 23/06/09 - could a moderator change the date in the title please).

I'd had a couple of beers last night (which is a rarity in itself, I'm not really a drinker), but even with the benefit of sober hindsight there is nothing I'd have done differently. The police have arranged to take a statement today (they asked if I'd had a drink and so wouldn't take one until today). I'm still as determined as I was last night to see this thing through (even more determined if I'm honest).

if I was the leadmill i'd have this thread taken down for being libelous. i'd be careful if i was you.

To the OP, I think you should go ahead with legal advice because I know of a young lad who was put into a coma for days and looked like having potential brain damage after an unprovoked attack from a bouncer in Rotherham. Its a pity because the reputation of the majority of modern day bouncers are still tarnished by the minority, many are professional and courteous. Removing the few who see Door Supervision as an outlet to impose their mob and bully tactics will be good for the name of Bouncers but more importantly a matter of public safety.

Edited by sufc_tom

It's fact not libel, I just have a feeling a couple of leadmill's(or the bouncer's) affiliates may have appeared on this thread.

One thing I forgot to add: I am a witness (and willing to give a statement) should the victim of the original assault wish to pursue a criminal prosecution against the assailants.

love it! goodwork dude :D

It can be said that the statements made in the OP are neither fact nor libel at present. It's one person's opinion of what happened and that alone until it is contested or others disagree with this opinion (or proof is provided via CCTV or whatever).

If the owners of the Leadmill, or their legal representatives, wish to make a legal complaint about the thread then they are welcome to do so, but until then the same applies to the opinions on this thread as every other thread- they are taken on face value until we have reason to believe that we should do otherwise.

EDIT: changed your title punk. Hope that's OK.

I would just let the Police get on with their job now. That's what they get paid for.

It's a shame that the Leadmill bouncers give the profession a bad name. I go out regularly around Sheffield and never had a problem.

The Forum

Vodka Rev

DQ

Bar 23

Especially have decent bouncers, always seem to be polite and friendly. It's partly the reason I'd much rather spend time there than at some crap club like Leadmill or Chavbrace.

It's fact not libel, I just have a feeling a couple of leadmill's(or the bouncer's) affiliates may have appeared on this thread.

its not fact at all. they are claims of one person against another with no evidence at all. its like me coming on here and accusing someone of using drugs because i "saw them" - you think that would be ok, dragging down their reputation with unsubstantiated claims?

It can be said that the statements made in the OP are neither fact nor libel at present. It's one person's opinion of what happened and that alone until it is contested or others disagree with this opinion (or proof is provided via CCTV or whatever).

If the owners of the Leadmill, or their legal representatives, wish to make a legal complaint about the thread then they are welcome to do so, but until then the same applies to the opinions on this thread as every other thread- they are taken on face value until we have reason to believe that we should do otherwise.

EDIT: changed your title punk. Hope that's OK.

a persons opinion is different to accusing someone of all these things. this opinion currently has no evidence behind it - and until then, it should be kept out of the public eye. once the cctv provides proof and some sort of action is taken and successful against leadmill, it can be discussed. until then, it cannot and should not and could get the forum in trouble.

would you have the same lenient attitude if i started a thread stating that in my "opinion" i saw the owner of X bar taking drugs in the toilets?

a persons opinion is different to accusing someone of all these things. this opinion currently has no evidence behind it - and until then, it should be kept out of the public eye. once the cctv provides proof and some sort of action is taken and successful against leadmill, it can be discussed. until then, it cannot and should not and could get the forum in trouble.

would you have the same lenient attitude if i started a thread stating that in my "opinion" i saw the owner of X bar taking drugs in the toilets?

Why do you even care?

Why do you even care?

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy: