Endcliffe Park and tents going up

as that's clearly aimed at me let me inform you

I'm gay and living with my partner I'm also disabled however unlike some don't feel the need to mention the fact at every available opportunity

This is an event - no one's forced to go. I just see it as a great community event that we can go along to, chill out and have fun. I'm happy to celebrate people being happy with who they are.

Content Removed

Edited by AndyB666

as that's clearly aimed at me let me inform you

I'm gay and living with my partner I'm also disabled however unlike some don't feel the need to mention the fact at every available opportunity

a) you just did...

b) it wasn't

And the reason for that would be?????

Maybe he's trying to lose that extra inch before squeezing himself into a little lycra number he's bought just for tomorrow.:hihi:

Content Removed

Edited by AndyB666

Goodness, what is this thing people have that any gay event, group, venue etc is automatically about 'rubbing it in my face'

No-one's interested in you or your odd rubbing pre-occupation!

I'm sure it will be great, I can't get as I am at my first trapeze workshop (wish me luck!!)

but why feel the need to rub the fact you have sex with other men in everyone elses face?

wow....id love to meet a lesbian who does! :o

i recognise peoples issues with gay pride, but i have to admit i dont agree with them.

im straight, and my sexuality is thrust in the face of those who dont share it in every aspect of life. i feel this must raise a lot of self-doubt in many of the LGBT community who are coming to terms with their sexuality and make even those who are comfortable, happy and proud possibly question themselves.

why not celebrate difference? why not celebrate different cultures? why not offer people the opportunity to educate themselves and realise how wrong their prejudices may be?

through celebrating these differences, people also get to find out what the similarities are....which can be so much more powerful. but if you never give yourself the opportunity, how can you ever find out?

x

Yes, you'll have to prove your gayness before you're allowed in. :roll:

I`ll pass cheers weirdo.

its because gay people are proud of been gay and still celebrate the fact even if not its not as fround upon and it once was.

It's because gay people want to show everyone else they are gay.

I'd rather stick pins in my eyes.

If anyone has such a problem with gay pride, walk on.....! Who cares!

Content Removed

Edited by AndyB666

Haha so many views. I dont agree with some aspects of pride like the wearing next to nothing and wearing peoples sexuality like a badge. But what I do think is important is that some LGBT people have a safe environment to go because some dont. Bullying at school or the workplace still goes on even today. It helps familys communicate better where everyone is welcome not just gay bars and pubs.

What is even better is straight people can go too it doesnt matter this isnt called Sheffield Gay Pride but Sheffield Pride. Whats wrong with holding a community event where everyone is welcome without fear of intimidation?

I shall be there with Vodka and picnic basket in hand once I get over my birthday hangover lol