Sign in to follow this  

My Need to Control Everything and My Lack of Trust

Hi All,

I have a need to control everything, particularly at home, and I also have a real issue with trust. As you can imagine this is causing real issues in relationships.

Does anyone know of any self help groups in Sheffield where I could discuss the above?

If not, any words of advice or coping strategies would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BB

I doubt a "coping strategy" will be of much help. This sort of behaviour usually stems back to something that needs counselling to sort out.

I don't know of any good counselling services in Sheffield (not been here long enough), but I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction. You could ask your local surgery - some of them provide counselling services.

I know exactly what it stems back to. It's just dealing with that now and the knock on effect that is the problem.

I know exactly what it stems back to. It's just dealing with that now and the knock on effect that is the problem.

I would highly recommend talking to your GP and stating that you need to be referred to a councillor or psycho-anaylst or summat. Make sure you make it clear that depression is not where you wanna be and by seeking help at this stage, your negating a whole world of upset an pain that is potentailly before you.

I kinda wish someone had said this to me when I went to the doctors and started babbling about my problems. Instead I was halted and politely informed that "I'm sorry, but I'm not qualified to help you with these issues, however I can refer you to a councillor. You can arrange to see one yourself privately however you'd need to pay for this. I can refer you but I must advise the waiting period is over 6 weeks".

She did ask "apart from these problems, are you ok from a medical point of view?" to which I looked at mesen and thought "I've got two arms, to legs and blood in me vains" so replied "yeah, I guess medically i'm fine"

I got a letter after abot 5 weeks stating, "you've been referred to xxx and we hope to be able to arrange an appointment for you soon, however due to current demand, we have a 4 week waiting list. The next day, the same letter arrived with a 6 week waiting list.

I couldn't be arsed replying and waiting all that time, so just ignored the whole situation for a few months, when completely outta the blue, I received a letter from the councilling place saying "we've made an appointment for you and if you can contact us to advise if you can make it"

My point is, I didn't really see that mental health IS a real medical issue and yer brain is just like yer foot. If you use it every day don't wash it for over 6 months, you can expect bad stuff to happen to it.

If I'd have made it clear that I was on the verge of potential maniacle depression and before this takes hold, I need to grab control back and sort this out with someone who can work with me and understand what I have to say and that I ain't in any sort of position to pay for it, then it's probable they'd have referred me with a bit more urgency than "just a patient who needs to talk to someone"

Hope this helps.

Edited by munky

Thanks Munky :)

I will probably go back to my GP and I have mentioned stress etc to them before but got fobbed off. I will try again and be more forceful.

Edited by BruciesBabe