Thinking of organising a conference in Sheffield

Theres a conference centre at The Source opposte Meadowhall, although it is a bit out of town it is easy to get to, theres a tram stop outside, and meadowhall train station near by.

Thanks for that also

The Edge and Halifax Hall are really good Conference venues owned by the University (brand new - only built in the last year).

Universities are generally a good 50% cheaper than even the most run down hotels. They may only have large quantities of accommodation during non-term time though (although that's actually only about half the year anyway - you'll be fine around Easter or between June and late September).

http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/conferences/

Hallam have some function rooms but no accommodation at all.

The Edge and Halifax Hall are really good Conference venues owned by the University (brand new - only built in the last year).

Universities are generally a good 50% cheaper than even the most run down hotels. They may only have large quantities of accommodation during non-term time though (although that's actually only about half the year anyway - you'll be fine around Easter or between June and late September).

http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/conferences/

Hallam have some function rooms but no accommodation at all.

am organising a conference at the moment which is being held at The Edge in July. would definitely recommend looking at them, brand new facilities and good prices

I would like some opinions please from anyone who has used the services of these places for either training or attending conferences as I am attempting to organise a conference for people who have Asperger Syndrome and I want it to be in sheffield but hopefully:help:I want people from all over the country to be able to come.

As hopefully:help: many will not have been to Sheffield before, I want to get a place that is.

1. Easy access from the train station and bus station.

2. Affordable

3. Big enough to accomodate numbers of people who may come(:huh:) and

4. A Place that would be considerate in not taking their cut if I dont get the required numbers by say end of august that I may have to cancel.

5. Will be flexible about menus as many people with As are fussy eaters.:(

My thoughts have been around these places

1. VAS

2. The Megacentre

3. St Marys, though they do take a fee for cancelling up to 75% I think.

Any replies(constructive) are gratefully received:thumbsup:

Hi There,

We have catered for various events at VAS, and it is a great venue for conferences within the city centre. We work at a lot of different venues, and would be happy to suggest places that may be suitable.

am organising a conference at the moment which is being held at The Edge in July. would definitely recommend looking at them, brand new facilities and good prices

Yeah, I did one at the renovated Halifax Hall a few months ago and it was excellent. The best venue I've used (and I do this a lot) outside of London and Birmingham. There's plenty of free parking around there and the staff were excellent too. A real :thumbsup:

I wanted to use the Edge for a bigger one in September but it had long been booked up.

Quite irrelevant, but they also have the best coffee in Sheffield there. :cool: