Domestic Violence

Why do men hit women, whats the point?

why not take up boxing if you like to use your fists? at least you would be fighting another man.

More to the point, why don't you women choose nice men?

There is no point in hitting a women, it is a dispicible act & any man that does is no man he is a coward. From what other users have said having control & power is a big issue in domestic abuse.

I dont think it is about women choosing nice men. You could meet the nicest man on the planet, have the 2.4 family portrait life with that person to the outside world you are the "perfect family" Yet behind closed he could be the biggest banker ever & you are stuck. You are not to know the man you fall in love with turns out to be a perpetrator of domestic abuse.

I think in some cases the partners may think or feel & because they love that person that they shall never do it again but if he/she has hit you once there is no gurantee that he/she will not do it again.

The perpetrators of domestic abuse need to accept the fact that this wrong & get help for it.

Edited by bizzle

Hey Ouija, sorry for saying cast aspersions, I didnt quite mean it like that. Hope I didn't offend you.

No you didn't. I just clarified in case people thought I was saying all victims go on to become abusers. I know that isn't true. :thumbsup:

what about honour killings? Thank goodness this is rare in the uk!

The term 'domestic violence' is generally taken to mean violence by a man or woman against their partner. As I understand it honour killings are generally carried out by blood family of a woman who is suspected of damaging the families honour in some way. These are two separate issues.

Yes, but muslims have to keep a woman in her place:D

Pardon? :confused: How has that any relevance to Muslims. Keep a women in her place :rolleyes: I can tell which era you are stuck in, never mind.

If you are trying to turn this into your own personal agenda I suggest you start your own thread.

ok, i just read something recently where a husband had killed his wife due to infidelity. was just a comment.

Men of all faiths and none kill their wives and girlfriends in retribution for infidelity (both real and imagined) all the time. You can convincingly argue that some cultures and religions encourage male on female violence but it is not by any means restricted to one religion.

Violence against women in many forms has deep roots in European culture if you don't believe me try reading Chaucer or the bible.