Train Station closed to non ticket holders

Just so everyone is aware they <removed> have closed the Train Station to non Train ticket holders from this morning

Edited by Draggletail
Masked swearing

The station? Or the platforms?

Basically if you have not got a train ticket and want to go through ie to Sheffield hallam university or go to pick up a nice coffee from one of the shops within the station, you are not allowed to walk through at all

I hope the Rail company are subsidising the shopping outlets within the station as they are a awful lot of people who come through there ie on foot and from the trams who use these outlets, hey - ho looks like more people will end up out of a job when there profits start to drop very quickly

Basically if you have not got a train ticket and want to go through ie to Sheffield hallam university or go to pick up a nice coffee from one of the shops within the station, you are not allowed to walk through at all

Well look on the bright side, at least you've saved yourself a small fortune in coffee!

Is that the permanent thing they've been talking about (http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=310166)? Or just a check today? Did you ask to be let through or just see a barrier and not ask them? If it's the permanent closure, they'd given some assurances some people would still be let through...

I dont buy the coffee i just know a lot that do and also pick up newspapers , magazines, sandwiches , crisps , drink etc

Hotphil - there was no barriers just the Train staff and also police there incase anything kicked off

Hotphil - there was no barriers just the Train staff and also police there incase anything kicked off

Did you ask if that was why they were there, or just assume?

Maybe they are on alert for some reason, like a bomb scare, in which case i'd be thanking them, personally.

I trust the rail company are paying for the police hours?

Is it only from the back of the train station?

Sounds like just one of their regular random days they check tickets to catch the fare evaders.