Burglary in Upperthorpe, They've even Stolen the car!!

You = FAIL.

Over-generalise much? Upperthorpe is in S6, not S2! :rant::loopy:

My Dad grew up in Upperthorpe in the 50s and 60s, is he a thieving scum? No, he is not.

So what's the point about S2, or are you generalising about S2?

Always hide your car keys or take them to bed with you. We were burgled recently but didn't lose our cars as the keys were with us upstairs.

Same here. Fella across the road from me had his door kicked in and the keys to his golf gti nicked. The car was still there when he got back from work though, car had been sat there for months and the battery was dead. :lol:

For those who've read the thread in full, Karl had said yesterday that a car was burnt out on the Ponderosa yesterday morning.

Having contacted the police, my friend found that it was her car.

Obviously she is fully insured for both home and car but will not get anywhere near what the car was worth!!!!!

Making it sound really safe place to live, I'll pack my bags!

As daft as it sounds, I've always felt safe living in Upperthorpe. So does everyone I know, it's just other people that think its a bad place.

Unfortunately, I think this crap happens everywhere not just Upperthorpe.

S2, specificallly the Manor/Manor Park area, has a bad reputation for crime related incidents, S6 does not.

Do you see?

But do you see? You generalised, as you accused someone else of doing! Do you know every road in S2? Some might be nice! You also generalised to S2 as a whole then specified to Manor. Do you see now? You generalised. Not all areas of S2 have a reputation. Some do.

PS I've heard of several areas of S6 having a bad reputation for crime. Isn't Winn Gardens S6?

Oh and a few of my family always lived in S2 and always worked. So you generalised about them.