Burglary in Upperthorpe, They've even Stolen the car!!

Last night, a friend in Upperthorpe was burgled. The cheeky sod put something thru the letterbox and got the keys from inside, let themselves in and took purse, laptop and car keys.

This all took place whilst my friend was asleep. When she got up, the car has also gone!!!!

Please be aware & do not under any circumstances leave keys in the back of the door or near the door at all :rant:

Last night, a friend in Upperthorpe was burgled. The cheeky sod put something thru the letterbox and got the keys from inside, let themselves in and took purse, laptop and car keys.

This all took place whilst my friend was asleep. When she got up, the car has also gone!!!!

Please be aware & do not under any circumstances leave keys in the back of the door or near the door at all :rant:

Sound advice that Uppers, we were once burgled by a thief using a similar strategy. I'd always believed it was better to leave the key in the door to stop a burglar trying his own key in the lock.

My kids think Im obsessed now, leaving the key on the top stair, out of sight of the front door but accessible in case the house catches fire in the night..paranoid, me??!

Thats Upperthorpe for you, thieving scum!!