Burglary in Upperthorpe, They've even Stolen the car!!

do you know what car it was Karl??

It was a burnt out one, may of had four doors. I wasn't close enough to see detail.

K.

Rich I live right in the heart of Upperthorpe & I have never stolen a thing in my life.

It's just crazy lad who thinks he knows it all but knows nil.

Infact Bonjon, call in anytime for a drink in one of the locals - I'll make sure you're made REALLY welcome. (But don't park your car outside - you never know where it could end up)!!!!!

Just a quick update, apparently a few people in the Springvale/Upperthorpe area have had their doors tried to see if they are open so please - don't make it any easier for the scum.

You = FAIL.

Over-generalise much? Upperthorpe is in S6, not S2! :rant::loopy:

My Dad grew up in Upperthorpe in the 50s and 60s, is he a thieving scum? No, he is not.

You = Fail

You mean in the same way you over generalise Daily Mail Readers you berk.

Just a quick update, apparently a few people in the Springvale/Upperthorpe area have had their doors tried to see if they are open so please - don't make it any easier for the scum.

Making it sound really safe place to live, I'll pack my bags!

Deep joy. I'll be worried all night now. About the car too. Think its been tried a few times of late as it has one of those clever warn off alarms - gone off a few times in the night. Probably same people on a mini crime wave?

Anyway be vigilant peeps. Get the local police on 0114 220 2020 if you see anything suspicious

Sound advice that Uppers, we were once burgled by a thief using a similar strategy. I'd always believed it was better to leave the key in the door to stop a burglar trying his own key in the lock.

My kids think Im obsessed now, leaving the key on the top stair, out of sight of the front door but accessible in case the house catches fire in the night..paranoid, me??!

That's exactly what I do, and I've got Mr BC into the routine of doing it also. Better to be paranoid, as my dear old ma used to say 'prevention is better than cure!!'

You = FAIL.

Over-generalise much? Upperthorpe is in S6, not S2! :rant::loopy:

My Dad grew up in Upperthorpe in the 50s and 60s, is he a thieving scum? No, he is not.

So what's the point about S2, or are you generalising about S2?

Always hide your car keys or take them to bed with you. We were burgled recently but didn't lose our cars as the keys were with us upstairs.

So what's the point about S2, or are you generalising about S2?

S2, specificallly the Manor/Manor Park area, has a bad reputation for crime related incidents, S6 does not.

Do you see?

how much was it worth ? ill give you a couple of quid on ebay for it