Explosion at or nr Woodhouse?

Morning all :hihi:

Just wandering if anyone else heard a huge explosion sound very early this morning, around 1.30am at Woodhouse?:loopy:. It seemed a bit on the strange side, our computers went off, the living room tv went off as did the sky box, the games console was still on which was in the room, so it wasn't the plug sockets tripping, or that would have gone off too :huh:. They all came straight back on, but then there was an almighty explosive sounding bang. We went out to see if we could see anything or smell any burning, but nothing at all could be seen. Police were informed. I still don't know what it was, maybe something in the Valley had gone up in flames. Did anyone else hear it....i wasn't dreaming, lol.

Came home about 11 last night and highways were working on a57 bypass from woodhouse to beighton got road up and enogh tackle to resurface an estate so maybe they made this bang!

Heard something myself and thought someone was trying to kick the door in .

Sent the wife downstairs to check.:hihi:.:hihi:.

I thought it might be something to do with the roadworks on Mosborough Parkway, which they're very kindly doing in the middle of the night. :mad:

It was a proper explosion sound though, I jumped out of bed, but couldn't see anything and could hear the roadworks carrying on and there were no sirens so assumed it wasn't something nasty.

my fella was watching tv in bed last nite an the tv an dvd went of but radio an alarm clock didnt an we are in oughtibridge so bit far from woodhouse

my fella was watching tv in bed last nite an the tv an dvd went of but radio an alarm clock didnt an we are in oughtibridge so bit far from woodhouse

have you got a slot tv ?

nope was only thing that went of that an dvd player

better get agents skully and moulder on this one.

Have they blown up the Badger Estate then?? *hopes*

there was a big flash near the parkway ,then about 20 mins later a very lound bang round about 1.30,then the syp copter was up.

sounds like someone dug up a HV cable

I heard it too, I was in bed just dropping off to sleep. I couldn't decide if it was an explosion or my bin blowing over in the wind (happens often, even if it's not that windy lol) Too tired to care, I fell asleep..

I'm over in hackenthorpe so it must have been pretty loud. Forgot all about it till I saw this post.