London Road/Abbeydale Road just now

seems there's about 4/5 cars worth of armed police and a bus at the junction of london road and abbeydale road, anyone got any ideas what its about? :huh:

Someone's got carried away ranting and raving about the new Tescos...

No idea but the bus driver on the 76 said he wouldn't be stopping on London Rd for some reason but as I'd been listening to loud music I couldn't make out what he said properly :)

The police and bus are still there now, can see out my bedroom window.

We went to ask the police what happened, but all they would say is there has been an accident. The CSO turned up though.

I saw a lady sobbing into a mans chest at the side of the road :(

The police and bus are still there now, can see out my bedroom window.

We went to ask the police what happened, but all they would say is there has been an accident. The CSO turned up though.

Awww i hope everyone is ok down there, keep us posted of any news. All being well its not another fatality x x

Was the man horizontal or vertical?

I have heard someone has got Knocked over was a hit and run thoughts with the family of the victim

I've just come down there in a cab, had to detour past the police... Didn't see any armed coppers, so maybe Topguy was right and it's a hit and run? Too many idiots driving their Mam's car whilst stoned round here at night, hope they catch the driver if Topguy is right...

Wonder if this was the same situation? Seems like it might have been, but why the bus parked out in the road? And why was the road still blocked off gone midnight with coppers all over the show? Asked neighbours and what not today, but seems I was the only one out and about late last night... Will have to text my mate who works for the coppers!

Wonder if this was the same situation? Seems like it might have been, but why the bus parked out in the road? And why was the road still blocked off gone midnight with coppers all over the show? Asked neighbours and what not today, but seems I was the only one out and about late last night... Will have to text my mate who works for the coppers!

The logical answer would surely be that the police will have had to keep the road closed in order to gather all the evidence available about the collision.

Allowing other vehicles to drive through the scene of the incident would have destroyed any evidence. You have to "preserve the scene".

As for the bus, maybe the driver, and-or the passengers witnessed the incident and the police had to collect statements from them.

Even if they only had to give their names and addresses for follow-up contact, it would have still taken a long time for the police officers to get them.

I hope the person involved is ok.