Strange doggie behaviour

Hi

just looking for a little advice/explanation. Our pooch will only eat dried dog food but he has a habit of picking one of the buscuits and running into the living room, jumps around near it as if he is stalking it and then repeats the process with another buscuit. It's funny but does anyone have an idea why he does it?

My dog does it with biscuits. He likes to 'kill' it before he eats it. We try not to encourage it as he also likes to do the same to other dogs :shocked: It's appears to be the way he 'plays'. He does the same with all his toys. I think he learnt to play on his own as a young dog as it's taken us a year to get him to 'play nicely' with us without him giving us strange looks :lol:

He also did the same thing with plastic bottles when we first got him, so I'm guessing he was given them to play/chew in his past life.

Not really very hungry and playing with his food :hihi:

Aww sweet at least it will tire him out! Our's does it with chews sometimes but she's only 6 months!

may be try giving him a kong stuffed with his bickie's then he gets the play factor along with actually eating his tea! i would try to distract him from this behaviour though, funny as it sounds, it can't be good in the long term.

Hi

just looking for a little advice/explanation. Our pooch will only eat dried dog food but he has a habit of picking one of the buscuits and running into the living room, jumps around near it as if he is stalking it and then repeats the process with another buscuit. It's funny but does anyone have an idea why he does it?

Yes, leah has always done this and Ozzie does too, but not Tyler. However

Tyler does the same as Leah and will pick a special bit of food out of his

dish and take it to his bed to eat, possibly so the others can't get it:hihi:

Thanks for all this. He's now started rolling on it before stalking. I have to admit, it's better than TV

Both our doggies do this. Maybe it's something to do with how they would behave in the wild. It is strange to watch though. Our biggest pooch also loves getting the treats out of his Kong toy, he taps it and noses it all round the room. The little one just stands and watches him (he is only 7 months old though)