What is a typical day rate for a labourer?

Hi Dan, My brother is a bricklayer and is currently out of work. He would obviously like to get back to work asap and would also be happy to do labouring in the meantime.Have u got anything at the moment???

Catherine

How long as he been a bricky for?

lol...funny how 'sitting on my arse' at 2pm means I hadnt been working. Thats the joy of working for yourself.

If you can get a 'QUALIFIED TRADESMAN' to work for £60 then fairplay to you. I feel sorry for the poor sod thats being taken advantage of though.

As I said, if they prove themselves to be worthy, I re employ and pay the correct going rate. To many chancers around that are fleecing me even when I pay £60.00.

Hi Dan, My brother is a bricklayer and is currently out of work. He would obviously like to get back to work asap and would also be happy to do labouring in the meantime.Have u got anything at the moment???

Catherine

Sorry Catherine, brickys seem to be having it worse than anyone at the moment.

I am contacted EVERY week by people from here looking for work, only today someone has offered their services for £50 per day. I employ people as/when I am able and re-employ those who come up to standard and then pay them the correct going rate.

A sparky wanted that to fit one light fitting.:o

yeah , but the customer wanted to pay £10

Catherine

Catherine, how is your brother at pointing ridge & hip tiles?

Is he comfortable on a roof?

I may have a days work for him.

lol...funny how 'sitting on my arse' at 2pm means I hadnt been working. Thats the joy of working for yourself.

If you can get a 'QUALIFIED TRADESMAN' to work for £60 then fairplay to you. I feel sorry for the poor sod thats being taken advantage of though.

good on you coppertop i wouldnt get out of bed for a poxy £60

do you need anyone on odd days im a nvq joiner

Hi anyone on here looking for a self employed tiler/plasterer who can turn his hand to most things I would be grateful of a pm ( things a bit slow at moment).

good on you coppertop i wouldnt get out of bed for a poxy £60

do you need anyone on odd days im a nvq joiner

As I said (again), if they prove themselves to be worthy, I re employ and pay the correct going rate. To many chancers around that are fleecing me even when I pay £60.00.

:rolleyes: