Alsatian dog being taunted on Abbeydale Road

I just witnessed this near the Broadfield pub on Saturday, an elderly alsatian dog being barking at and being taunted by a gang of about 7 unruly feral asian youths - surely this is not right and I would not blame the petrified owner trying to restrain him if he was tempted to lose the dog on them !

Unfortunately the dog would probably be either put to sleep for its services to the city, or catch something nasty from biting the scum. And no before anyone asks its not because they are asian, I dont care if they are purple with lemon stripes, if you find taunting or torturing animals fun, then to me your scum.

Edited by woggle

This happened to me a few months ago, in the same area, the kids quite deliberately turned round and followed me and then started to jeer at max who being the big coward that he is was looking rather apprehensive. Not suprisingly I told them to clear off and stop annoying me and as I'm quite big and ugly they retreated. I was however sufficently upset by their actions that I rang the police so they could have it on record and could alert any officers who may patrol the area.

Probably something to do with the asian gang proving their bravery to their sad mates as it is a well known fact that most asians are scared stiff of even the smallest dogs. The owner ought to leave the gate ajar and let the dog justify its tormentors in its own way... Providing that the op is willing to testify that they saw said gang tormenting the dog, this would surely count as provocation.... Personally i would have crept up behind the gang and imitated a dog growling and watched the jessies leg it....bunch of plonkers... and THEY wonder why they are the in vogue topic of so many discussions on here :rant:

I just witnessed this near the Broadfield pub on Saturday, an elderly alsatian dog being barking at and being taunted by a gang of about 7 unruly feral asian youths - surely this is not right and I would not blame the petrified owner trying to restrain him if he was tempted to lose the dog on them !

Every dog has its day........just wait till it goes dark and the alsation gets together with its "cru" and climbs through the windows of said tormentors and inflicts some serious pain.

Joking aside i hate people like that, i once had a kid asking if my dog "bites", when i replied it depends on the situation he asked "make it bite me then" i walked off rather confused as to the reason he wanted my dogs teeth in his arm, but did wonder if i should have bit him myself.

Not only is this a sad cruel situation but I was also wondering about the legalities of it - is this a reportable incident to the police and should I have reported it - my consceince is being racked now - having said that I backed back by the same spot 10 mins later and no dog or owner but the little urchins were again spotted running up another road and being generally annoying .. why is it that when they get into gangs they behave like feral animals while they are scared pussys on their own - I am not racist but I would make the observation that I never see white youths congregate in such big numbers which adds to the risk of mayhem ...

Not only is this a sad cruel situation but I was also wondering about the legalities of it - is this a reportable incident to the police and should I have reported it - my consceince is being racked now - having said that I backed back by the same spot 10 mins later and no dog or owner but the little urchins were again spotted running up another road and being generally annoying .. why is it that when they get into gangs they behave like feral animals while they are scared pussys on their own - I am not racist but I would make the observation that I never see white youths congregate in such big numbers which adds to the risk of mayhem ...

Thats not totally true on the numbers front, i drove past chaucer shops last night where a good 20 strong gang of white youths were present, didnt look like they were upto no good but im sure to some people they are intimidating, and a few other areas around me always have 10-15 strong groups of lads, just a natural occurence these days im afraid.