Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

Hi

Hildas was a little corner shop as you turned of skelwith road onto rothay road .at the bottom of rothay road was a veg shop across the road was the chip shop then the co op.

Hildas was a little convienience shop sold allsorts lol,hilda was a little plump lady with peroxcide hair always had a cig in her mouth.

i lived on rothay the fruit shop was jack crooks and the chipshop was bashforths later owned by sue davies mum and dad, hildas surname was wilson she was denise and jonny wilsons aunt.

i lived on rothay the fruit shop was jack crooks and the chipshop was bashforths later owned by sue davies mum and dad, hildas surname was wilson she was denise and jonny wilsons aunt.

hey up Ange how was the trip? did you visit the cavern? any pics...

I never knew her surname ,I drove round and saw a few houses I remebered and who lived in them ,alot have been pulled down ,and alot of names came flooding back .:):D

I never knew her surname ,I drove round and saw a few houses I remebered and who lived in them ,alot have been pulled down ,and alot of names came flooding back .:):D

Welcome to the thread Sand dollars, can you give us a clue as to where you used to live and what your name is ??

Welcome to the thread Sand dollars, can you give us a clue as to where you used to live and what your name is ??

ty suzzie

Just of wincobank lane ,past wesley hall as was knew the names of alot of familys probably are dispersed from the area now the woods .worrals,todds.rhodes.halls,lemms,broadheads ,yangleys,wrights.smiths it was a trip down memory lane I drove up wincolane now only accessed via wansfell and rothay rd up to where the vicars house was (mr longdon) if Im correct he was the vicar of st thomas on holywell road .

Edited by sand_dollars

That post brings back memories, I remember buying chips & fish from Bashforths and fruit & veg from Mrs Crookes.

Used to go to Hilda's on a daily basis. Her shop became 'Ted's' but I'm not sure when. I'd guess at around 1970.

Hi All, not a very pleasant post to put up , but , here goes, anyone who knew Terry Macnamara, sad to say no longer with us, a service will be held at St, Timothys Church, Slinn St, Crookes at 1,pm on Friday 1st April, and commital at Grenoside at 2 pm, a wake will be held at The Princess Royal, Terry's old pub on Slinn St. afterwards,

God bless Terry, hope there's a bar up there, cos if I know you, you'll be running it before long, save a place,

hi i kno im not your age group but im tryin to find out about a kim drury she passed away in 06 she has a brother called david drury an their parents were ernest drury and ivy wood if you have any information please contact asp please...

hi i kno im not your age group but im tryin to find out about a kim drury she passed away in 06 she has a brother called david drury an their parents were ernest drury and ivy wood if you have any information please contact asp please...

I grew up next door to David and Kim, Ivy's still alive and lives with David, Kim has four children, Ivy still has the house on Skelwith Rd but hasn't lived there for a while, Kayleigh Kims daughter lived there up until a few weeks ago.