Anyone come from Grimesthorpe? (Part 2)

hear pigeon pie is served all week at the Rovers Return:gag::gag:

Glad you are in Canada with your wit or lack of it.

Glad you are in Canada with your wit or lack of it.

Yes me to ,The true mark of a REAL Sheffielder is their wit all the old ones had it seems have been lost along the way:rolleyes::rolleyes:

hi,

i'm fairly new to SF but had to comment on this thread.

I was at the Silver Jubilee street party in Skelwith RD. All the families cutting up blue, red and white undies to be threaded as bunting cross the st.

I remember jimmy childs/ chiles.... a lady with a minor bird, Pie and pea suppers at the now family centre. Ted's corner shop. .......ooooo its flooding back

hi,

I was at the Silver Jubilee street party in Skelwith RD. All the families cutting up blue, red and white undies to be threaded as bunting cross the st.

I remember jimmy childs/ chiles.... a lady with a minor bird, Pie and pea suppers at the now family centre. Ted's corner shop. .......ooooo its flooding back

I can remember the Silver Jubilee Party, the bar was right outside my mums house......

I can remember the Silver Jubilee Party, the bar was right outside my mums house......

I was there too, but can't remember a thing...i was very very drunk lol ?

i remember hearing stories of ghosts in that shop...didnt the owner commit suicide ??

i remember hearing stories of ghosts in that shop...didnt the owner commit suicide ??

Erm i don't think i can remember anyone commiting suicide...he used to commit harry carry often though lol...it was Ted and Iris that had the shop. It was a little gold mine too. So give us a clue where you lived ?

Erm i don't think i can remember anyone commiting suicide...he used to commit harry carry often though lol...it was Ted and Iris that had the shop. It was a little gold mine too. So give us a clue where you lived ?

it was the owner before them who commited suicide. Ted used to drive round Sheff collecting cardboard and weighing it in for money for the children's hosp.

I started off on Wensly St

hi,

Hello ramrod I am 100% sure that you will be welcome on this thread..

thankyou:hihi: trying to read my way through all of it...gripping stuff too!!

went past that corner shop the other day, its now residential. What happened tothe cemetery on Winkobank hill, went past there too, some head stones remain but most are gone. oooooo and saw tons of rats at the bottom of there, nr upwell st.

I was there too, but can't remember a thing...i was very very drunk lol ?

sounds like that was a good do I missed Suzzie :hihi: