Tony Blair's odd behaviour against the Germans

Originally posted by Greybeard

The same could be claimed for the here and now. We deserve what we get for backing Blair :D , - but in fact less than a quarter of the eligible electorate voted for him and his party.

I suspect Hitler had an equally questionable mandate to wage war ?

Bit of a harse comparison dont you think.

Atleast Iraq was invaded because Saddam was a pyschopathic mad man not because he was Jewish. Well actually it was because the idiotic american president wanted to be seen doing something and Mr Blair not wanting to fall out. But hey

Originally posted by Hubert

I blame Russia 100% for ww2, they started it in 1914 when they declared war on Austria.

Blaming one party for the outbreak of a war, particularly one as complex as WWII is just laughable.

You may be able to pinpoint one act that set the dominoes tumbling (though even that is doubtful) but it doesn't make that one act responsible for tens of millions of deaths.

My Rant

All governments are corrupt in once sense or another. In the end, the common man always gets the short end of stick. Shadow governments of the rich and powerful make the real agenda.

For the most part, they don't give a flying leap about you and I, except when it comes time for us to fill their pockets with our taxes and when they need to send off our sons to fight their idiotic wars.

They create laws to keep us in line and give us a false sense of hope by allowing us to elect the very puppets that will do their bidding. The worst part is that there is nothing we can damn well do about it!

Originally posted by Hubert

I blame Russia 100% for ww2, they started it in 1914 when they declared war on Austria.

By getting involved after Austria declared war on Serbia they set the ball rolling for "the world" getting involved.

What an interesting revisionist theory of history! :wow:

So, the second world war was begun in 1914 by Russia, because Russia declared war on Austria - after Austria had first declared war on Serbia. Thank you for that explanation Hubert. I see it all now. Nothing to do with Hitler invading the Sudentenland, Poland, etc. Must have got that wrong all these years then. Don't know how I could have been mistaken for so long. :?