Gang in Endcliffe Park terrorised my 13 YO son, who escaped hiding in woods

Like any public park which is open all night they'll always be youths who gather there at night.

I take your point but this was before 4 o'clock in the afternoon on a bright sunny day!

It's not like that now though,is it. A gang of 15 chasing one 13 year old.

Quite. This could easily have ended up with my son being murdered.

Well done to your son, he sounds very resourceful.

He's got older sisters who have taught him a thing or two, and I've always taught him to stand up for himself, be independent and look out for trouble.

Hope your sons okay, he must`ve been terrified.

Thank you. I think he was. :(

Why don't you contact the local Safer Neighbourhood Team - who I'm sure would be interested and could possibly keep an eye on that area. The local one for this area is 296 3184.

Was this on Wednesday after school?

Good job he had ninja skills.

I agree with waxonwaxoff and pelican. Report it. More reports means more likelihood of action.

Little toerags need the superglue treatment.

an afterthought...maybe he needs to join a gang, or form one. The Endcliffe Cru sounds good, yeah? Den dem skanks r gunna get banged, brat brat braaap! Sho nuff da cru RULE dis park man. Cum n try, yeah?

I offer that merely as an off-the-cuff suggestion of course.

Was this on Wednesday after school?

Yup. Do you know owt about it?

Why don't you contact the local Safer Neighbourhood Team - who I'm sure would be interested and could possibly keep an eye on that area. The local one for this area is 296 3184.

Thanks, Pelican. I will give them a bell.

an afterthought...maybe he needs to join a gang, or form one. The Endcliffe Cru sounds good, yeah? Den dem skanks r gunna get banged, brat brat braaap! Sho nuff da cru RULE dis park man. Cum n try, yeah?

I offer that merely as an off-the-cuff suggestion of course.

Very funny :)

You can see how civil war starts, though, can't you? I never realised how strong the maternal instinct was. I could honestly throttle the little (insert rude word.)

The maternal instinct is inexplicable. I took my daughter and her friend to a caravan park on holiday, when she was 11. We were walking back from the on site restaurant and the girls were out of sight. As I rounded the corner I find them surrounded by around 8-10 kids, some of them aged around 14-15 and most of them bigger than myself. I asked my daughter what had been said to her and she was scared so I demanded they come through them to me at which stage the ringleaders causing the problems started to run away. At this point I lost it and chased them round the caravan park. The disappeared but I collared some of their friends and demanded they take me to where they were staying. I reported them to their parents. They later were thrown off the site as we weren't the only people they caused trouble with.

I'm just glad I didn't catch them to be honest as I'd have felt no guilt giving them a good hiding.

And can I suggest that you do report it as the police apparently have a new pledge in that they will listen to your problems, follow them up and keep you informed. It may be that all they do is visit the park and chat to the gangs on there but it may stop someone else being victimised if the kids know they have been reported. It may not, but it's worth doing I think.

Is this society changing or is Endcliffe Park now dodgy?

Have you been in a living on the moon for the past 10 years?

Quite. This could easily have ended up with my son being murdered.

:(

i think you may be over reacting slightly - I very much doubt they would have murdered him in broad daylight for no reason. Statistically it's highly, highly unlikely. Not very nice but lets not scare monger here, kids are always chasing other kids - moral of the story, run fast and have good shoes on

he wasnt hurt so ther u go - is he lippy or a hippy kind of son which will go against him - sorry to say

Yup. Do you know owt about it?

Sorry, no - I was just checking to see if you meant Wednesday or Tuesday. My daughter and her friends went to the stepping stones after school on Wednesday, so I thought I might ask her if she'd noticed anything.