Sherwood Forest - Center Parcs

the only thing that i lose when i go there is my temper at the price of the food in the restaurents which are all crap and they refuse to give any non chain groups a chance where else would it cose you £50..plus for four starter pancakes 3 main course pancakea and ice cream and four non alcoholic drinks !!!!!

Talking about being security conscious in the village - just a word to the wise. Been loads of times and make it a chore just to start and run the motor a couple of times during the stay to keep the battery topped up etc. The number of non-starters on the leaving days says it all? On 1 occasion when popping to the car on the bike I saw a guy in army denims trying about 5 or 6 car doors on the same row as mine (including mine)! He didn't see me and when he moved on from mine I whipped to the reception and literally within minutes loads of security vehicles / personnel appeared from nowhere. I was told they have been having problems with this bod climbing over the fence and casing cars / villas etc. They'd been after him for ages apparently. That was some years ago - we've never had a problem and always thoroughly enjoyed our family hols there.

• 11 months later...

I'm not at all suprised that you would get some thefts from there - the area it's in has a few types who love car theft and a bit of light burglary... I know, cos I used to live not far from there... Can't help but wonder why this thread has been moved to Sheffield discussions - maybe there is a mod out there whose grasp of geography isn't too hot?

just wanted to bring this up again...

has anyone stayed in the new executive lodges? we are looking at going in september. also does anyone know of any current discount codes?

Yes I stayed in one last September and we are staying in one again this September.