Hyde park terrace/ walk

The 'Franks' family mentioned, are the related to Tommy Franks who was from a long list of Wybourn insulation workers?

Hello stpetre,

Yes Tommy and billy were brothers. alan p.

Hyde Park Walk was the one at the back, with the pub at the end nearest the Salvation Army. Hyde Park Terrace was the one in front, closest to Duke Street.

ETA: Should say 'is' really, as though I think the pub has vanished, both the Terrace and Walk are still around (though they look quite a bit different from their original incarnations).

...the pub (Earl Francis ) is now a convenience shop !....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.379333,-1.454046,3a,75y,333.6h,81.9t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sWhLxoyXB3TgWx4BmxqMEJw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656?hl=en

Used to have a mate,Kevin Taylor lived on it,havn't seen him for 40 years now.

I lived on the terrace from 1962 until 1970 when I got married. My mother and younger brother David were there until 1981 when my mum died and our David came to live with us. Time and Tina Russell were good friends of my little brother and I occasionally see Frank in Crystal Peaks. We lived at number 10 and there were some very nice people living round us.

Was it the goldthorpes . If so i grew up with david. He was a quiet boy. X

Was it the goldthorpes . If so i grew up with david. He was a quiet boy. X

No, we were Powells, we lived near Frances Gawthorpe and her youngest was called John, he was a couple of years older than our David. What was your surname we might know you

Was john gawthorpe yes he wore glasses. We lived at 14. The butterleys. Yes remember the powells .