Bruce Springsteen At Bramall Lane In The 80'S

sillysally

my partner is writing a book about the boss,particularly interested in his visit to bramall lane in the 80's. if u have any pics or interesting stories to tell would love to hear from you

No tales to tell but I went to one of the gigs.

I do believe one of the videos was shot in Sheffield though!

I understand he's playing Glastonbury this year, if only I could get a ticket for that.

Seen Springsteen on every tour since The River Tour - including the Lane gigs for the Tunnel of Love Express Tour.

After seeing Bruce and the E Street Band over 10 times over the years - the Lane gig has to be my favourite

Please feel free to pm me for info. Sorry I have no pictures but can tell you a few details

As Titanic above mentioned - the live track and video for 'Spare Parts' was recorded from the Lane gigs

ps There was a rumour circulating that Bruce may play Don Valley Stadium in Sheffield in the summer. Havey Goldsmith, Bruce's promoter in the UK looked at Don Valley or Old Trafford for the Northern gig later this summer. No announcement has been made as yet - although headlining Glastonbury was announced this week

http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

Edited by Teabag

First saw the boss as Roundhay, Leeds, 1985, a few weeks before Live Aid and a month before my first weding.. memorable!

As a blade, very happy to see Brooooooose at the lane. Booked for Sat 9th July, 1987. The Mrs was then Manageress at the Mobil (Now BP) on Bramall Lane and she had the brill idea of buying hundreds of breadcakes from Makro and along with her mum and nan, we spent all day Sat making sandwiches. Pre Concert we were selling from a stall on the forecourt and then dashed off in time for the gig. We came back to find that her mum had sold out, profit had been made and all was tidied away. We had obviously parked on the prime site of the petrol station and on our way home past John St, heard a girls voice cry out..

A young glam girl approached the car in a panic, she was going with friends to the leadmill after the concert and they'd gone without her and now John St was deserted and the car park in relative darkness. We offerred her a lift. We had barely got on to Shoreham St, when we caught up with her party. She worked at the lane offices, as did the others we found, so I said they could all get in. My car was now bursting at the seams, me and Mrs Freedomchap in front and possibly 5 on the back seat.

One of the males got a bit stroppy and said that if I was half a taxi driver, I'd have radioed for a colleague to meet up and share the load. Our original passenger tried to tell him I wasn't a taxi, but a good samaritan... he was now in full strop "don't you know who I am?" he was a youthful United reserve in a team that would be relegated to div 3 in the coming season. I pulled over and asked him to get out. he shut up and we dropped them at the leadmill. Wish I could remember his name.. wonder if he ever made first team. Springbean was brilliant of course. My SUFC history says both concerts had gates of 44000. Our grateful lady passenger gave us her passes and we saw the Sunday gig free from the directors box. She was nice!!!

• 10 months later...