Pancake Day

It's two courses of pancakes for me tonight - 1st course layered with roasted peppers, courgettes, tomatoes, chillis and feta. 2nd course bananas and chocolate with a blob of ice cream. Yeayh!

Have pancakes regular not just today,we love em

Me: Syrup and sugar

Wifey: Lemon juice and sugar

Son: Chocolate sauce and ice cream

Daughter: Chocolate sauce,ice cream,jam and squirty cream!!!:gag:

HAPPY PANCAKE DAY:thumbsup:

I just had four! I'm very fully right now, but happy to celebrate pancake day. I had butter and syrup on mine. Gravy and tomato sauce sounds...gross o.O

I forgot about the pancakes and I've got food to eat up so I won't be having any today. But they are not cancelled - they are just postponed.

Usually have them just with sugar and eaten with the fingers.

I had eight, with sugar and lemon on, nice and simple because my pancakes are the nicest ones ever (they're ultra thin crepes really) so there's no need to have poncey fillings. ;)

I had eight, with sugar and lemon on, nice and simple because my pancakes are the nicest ones ever (they're ultra thin crepes really) so there's no need to have poncey fillings. ;)

I have been thinking the same about some of the wierd fillings my self just didnt want to say :hihi:

I forgot about the pancakes and I've got food to eat up so I won't be having any today. But they are not cancelled - they are just postponed.

Usually have them just with sugar and eaten with the fingers.

Fingers should be eaten separately!:D

So... I thought English pancakes were, as Mathom said, more like a crepe. But, if Jibbs recommends making them with Betty Crocker mix and water, then they must resemble the thick, fluffy pancakes that Americans eat.

Can anyone enlighten me? What are English pancakes like?

I just had four! I'm very fully right now, but happy to celebrate pancake day. I had butter and syrup on mine. Gravy and tomato sauce sounds...gross o.O

why is gravy gross, a pancake is only the same as a yorkshire pudding but done in a frying pan and not in the oven

Large, thin, flat, and flexible, easily rolled up around a filling, made with a plain, thin, unsweetened batter, using just flour, egg and milk or milk and water. A bit bland without the sugar, lemon etc, except that I like bland food.

Classic recipe here:

http://pancakes.org.uk/pancake_recipe.aspx

Fingers should be eaten separately!:D

So... I thought English pancakes were, as Mathom said, more like a crepe. But, if Jibbs recommends making them with Betty Crocker mix and water, then they must resemble the thick, fluffy pancakes that Americans eat.

There isnt any difference really you can still have crepe pan cakes by using a ready mix. I didnt have time to mess about with whisking and adding the normal ingrediants so got ready mix and was just as nice only alot quicker.

No lemon in Waitrose so I had to slum it with lime juice and sugar.

And there was enough Lime left for a Margarita, that I am enjoying now :thumbsup:

why is gravy gross, a pancake is only the same as a yorkshire pudding but done in a frying pan and not in the oven

Which I didn't know up until now! I'll have to try it next time I'm in England.