The new Islam megathread - Part 2

It'd be more like it to say that you'd be partway to being rational human beings, if you could accept that there are no gods at all! :thumbsup:

That's the first time I've heard that mentioned.....................today. Well done. So do you have anything more constructive to add to the debate?

I thought there was only one god?

How do you explain millions of people having an experience they call 'god' if one group is significantly wrong about it?

I suggest that there are three ways this could happen:

1) there is one god, and he doesn't care about the details - him being god is the main point

2) there is more than one god

3) there is less than one god

Or there is one true God and dozens of false gods.

Or there is one true God and dozens of false gods.

What is a false god? If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck.

Yes, well, from the way the conversation has gone I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between those of faith and those of no faith. It says a lot really.

So do you have anything more constructive to add to the debate?
ermmm, no, don't think so, mate.

There is one thing, though, do you ever think that being compelled to do the rituals and the praying thing five times a day could have anything to do with the fact that some of you appear to be brainwashed into sticking with this faith? Reading the Jesus Army cult brainwashing thread brought the idea back into my mind, although I've thought before maybe that's why it was ordered. A proper God wouldn't really need reminding so often that it was your god and you were still around, would it?

I don't know what Grahame's excuse might be for being obsessed with religion, though, as he only has to go once a week?

Yes, well, from the way the conversation has gone I'm finding it hard to tell the difference between those of faith and those of no faith. It says a lot really.

Well quite. You'd think those with god on their side would be easily distinguished from those without ...

Well quite. You'd think those with god on their side would be easily distinguished from those without ...

That's what I mean. It makes me wonder, and it makes me sad. Ah well, one day there might be a revival? Pray God it's soon.

That's what I mean. It makes me wonder, and it makes me sad. Ah well, one day there might be a revival? Pray God it's soon.

Sad that god has failed to give you the words to convince people?

Or sad that having god on your side makes no difference?

What power would be required to 'revive' god - I thought he was all-powerful?

Sad that god has failed to give you the words to convince people?

Or sad that having god on your side makes no difference?

What power would be required to 'revive' god - I thought he was all-powerful?

I'm sad about the state of the world and that people have rejected God. I pray and hope that there will be a new awakening and a new interest rather than pursuing those things that are only temporal, that fade away, and perish. That's not the life.

Everything fades away in the end Grahame. It's just a matter of time. It's delusional to pretend otherwise.

things that are only temporal, that fade away, and perish. That's not the life.

Actually, that's kind of one of the defining characteristics of life.

I'm sad about the state of the world and that people have rejected God. I pray and hope that there will be a new awakening and a new interest rather than pursuing those things that are only temporal, that fade away, and perish. That's not the life.

There's just been a piece on the news about churches around the country falling into disrepair and being used for other purposes.

All this at a time when the number of mosques are growing in this country.

You must feel extremely alienated Grahame!:(