Sign in to follow this  

News : Charles Kennedy in Sheffield today (27/4/05)

Blimey. Blunkett's due up to Tapton tomorrow. What next?

Yup, shall be meeting him later. Anything you want me to ask?

Blunkett's coming here too? Are you sure? I'll get some purple flour at the ready...

Originally posted by noseyrosie

Yup, shall be meeting him later. Anything you want me to ask?

Let us know how he comes across.

Send him to the Exchange works student accom. They do a good job at pelting people with stuff!!

Oh I have such stories...

Firstly, me and 3 other Y13s from our school were interviewed by ITN and were on the news tonight (did anyone see me?), talking about the Lib Dems and stuff.

Then Kennedy turned up and did a sort of question and answer session, and we'd all handed in written questions and they read out the names of people they wanted to ask him, and they read my name out, which I was shocked about, because my question was:

"On behalf of gingers in great britain, i would like to commend you on being a redhead and a politician. I agree with your ideas on tuition fees....."

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Everyone laughed and he started talking about the greatness of gingerness.

That isn't a question is it? that is a glib platitude to make the ****** up one look good for the media. How many of the people in your year asked difficult questions and were not picked.

Originally posted by carcrash

That isn't a question is it? that is a glib platitude to make the ****** up one look good for the media. How many of the people in your year asked difficult questions and were not picked.

Excuse me?! I did actually also ask a question about tuition fees and the proposed reversion to the grants system and possible funding for universities, but I thought I'd tell you the more interesting bit. Anyway I'll you know that I was the last person they asked out everyone else, who asked questions on items such as youth apathy, Iraq, more 6th form opportunities in Sheffield, PFI schemes and Liberal ideology, all of which would have been on my list but we were only allowed to ask one question each and what's wrong with a bit of humour on the campaign trail?

Kennedy was in my town today too. He must have thought he was reet popular. There were thousands of people in the town centre. But alas, the throngs were there as ANTIQUES ROADSHOW was in the Town Hall (Rochdale).

I remember seeing Charles Kennedy last year, being filmed on Fargate, asking passers-by questions etc...must have looked wonderful on the news...

What people at home didn't see, was the large group of people he had with ihm, holding large boards up around him so no-one could approach him without his say-so, whilst a crew picked out some lovely old dear to talk to...

joy of Joys when some old guy threw a floppy sandwich at him :D

If your going to be the voice of the people, it's best not to build your walls too high.