A rant about the post office...

Ok..

last week I got a red card through the door saying they'd been to deliver a parcel etc and I realised i didn't have enough time to get it from the post office as its quite far away so I went online to arrange for it to be delivered to my local post office, I entered my postcode and my post office came up (gleadless rd) and I selected it and it told me it was confirmed and my parcel would be there on friday 23rd jan, I even print out the confirmation page which has a confirmation number on it.

On Friday I go to the post office to collect my parcel and am told its not arrived and to try back tomorrow I am quite annoyed about this as it interferes with my saturday plans..this is why i had it delivered for friday but anyway I go back to the post office on saturday and its not there again, I have a quick rant at the woman and she rings up the main post office place and they say the parcels still there, they also say they don't even deliver parcels to that post office!:rant:

I end up having to quickly drive to the main post office as only have ten minutes left before it closes and arrive there quite annoyed tbh as I've lost half of my day faffing around, I hand the man my red card along with my confirmation email with the confirmation number on it and say "this was supposed to be delivered to my local post office yesterday, heres the number", he glances at it and says " oh we dont deliver there" and I said "well why was it on the website then?" and he says "thats not us"...I say "its the royal mail website..." he says "listen love its nothing to do with us" and I say "but you're the post office" and hes getting angrier and angrier by me being reasonable i'm not being nasty to him or shouting. In the end I just say "well maybe you should have this post office removed from the list then" and he just said "well maybe you should tell the website that" I don't understand why he said that he works at the post office I'm not one to complain but I've wasted my time faffing around and dont get even so much as an apology.:rant:

rant over

That's the reason about half of them will soon lose their jobs. The attitude to consumers all the way through the royal mail and the post office network stinks.