Witnesses to Arson in Wincobank

The person responsible for this, could have easily woken up classed as a murderer today FIRE

I hope they catch the brain dead idiot/s who did this.

Originally posted by foxy027

I hope they catch the brain dead idiot/s who did this.

So do I, next time it could be murder.

Someone must know something.

Yes , Viking , I totally agree , this act was committed by mindless scum , who , at the very least , did not care a toss what the result of their action was.

However , I'm afraid it's a bit pointless to hope for their capture AND retribution.

If , they are caught-----and these days , that's a big "if"--you can bet your life that in quick time , they'll be back on the streets again. A posse of Social Workers , Probation Officers , Counsellors...et al....will be rustled up out of the woodwork and soon have the Magistrate or Judge , sobbing with pity. Very convincingly , they'll tell the Court how it was all a bit of childish fun [and you can bet they'll officially be called "children" !] to entertain the residents of the area.

Even if the Magistrate/Judge is a hard -hearted monster who sends these poor little mites away for a few months , please don't worry about them.:- Reasonable food , telephone access , visits , letters [if they can write] , probably a gym. and of course the good old telly ; normally they come out fitter , stronger and heftier than when they went in ----and rarin' to go ! I'm willing to bet too , that these scum have been in trouble before and that they got a slap on the wrist and a pound from the Poor Box.

Sorry to sound pessimistic about this but , caught or not , they could easily be doing something worse a year or two from now.

Originally posted by Fareast

Yes , Viking , I totally agree , this act was committed by mindless scum , who , at the very least , did not care a toss what the result of their action was.

However , I'm afraid it's a bit pointless to hope for their capture AND retribution.

If , they are caught-----and these days , that's a big "if"--you can bet your life that in quick time , they'll be back on the streets again. A posse of Social Workers , Probation Officers , Counsellors...et al....will be rustled up out of the woodwork and soon have the Magistrate or Judge , sobbing with pity. Very convincingly , they'll tell the Court how it was all a bit of childish fun [and you can bet they'll officially be called "children" !] to entertain the residents of the area.

Even if the Magistrate/Judge is a hard -hearted monster who sends these poor little mites away for a few months , please don't worry about them.:- Reasonable food , telephone access , visits , letters [if they can write] , probably a gym. and of course the good old telly ; normally they come out fitter , stronger and heftier than when they went in ----and rarin' to go ! I'm willing to bet too , that these scum have been in trouble before and that they got a slap on the wrist and a pound from the Poor Box.

Sorry to sound pessimistic about this but , caught or not , they could easily be doing something worse a year or two from now.

How times change when I was a teenager a crime such as this would have resulted in three strokes of the birch at the very least.

d71146 :-

Very interesting.

In Saudi Arabia , they have a twist on Corporal Punishment. For serious crimes [ like the one we're talking about ] , a prisoner is likely to receive x number of lashes at the beginning of his /her[?] sentence and then the same number before they're released------gives them something to think about I suppose.

Also , from what I can gather , Saudi Gaols are no piece of cake either. Strangely enough the streets in Saudi when I was there were always socially safe----nowadays political problems may have changed the picture.

One more interesting aspect of Saudi law was that for certain crimes , the victim or the family of the victim could chose the degree of punishment to be inflicted !

Originally posted by Fareast

d71146 :-

Very interesting.

In Saudi Arabia , they have a twist on Corporal Punishment. For serious crimes [ like the one we're talking about ] , a prisoner is likely to receive x number of lashes at the beginning of his /her[?] sentence and then the same number before they're released------gives them something to think about I suppose.

Also , from what I can gather , Saudi Gaols are no piece of cake either. Strangely enough the streets in Saudi when I was there were always socially safe----nowadays political problems may have changed the picture.

One more interesting aspect of Saudi law was that for certain crimes , the victim or the family of the victim could chose the degree of punishment to be inflicted !

This is what we need here.

*waits for do- good brigade*

Yes , Viking , I agree !

In every country I've worked in , there is one constant :---the tougher the police and the authorities , the safer the streets. In Turkey , Saudi Arabia , Kuwait , Romania and China , I can vouch for the fact that people of any age can go out what time they like and feel safe. I bet it's the same , too , in lots of countries I've never worked in

I once met 3 elderly ladies from Manchester , on holiday in Turkey [ Fethyie ] They said [paraphrasing ] . " Ooh we love it here . You can go out anytime .You know , where we live in Manchester , we daren't go out after 5 p.m. Wi cummin' back 'ere next year "

That's basically what's wrong with Britain and why about 60 % would like to emigrate , if they could !

ame , too , in lots of countries I've never worked in .

In early April myself and husband had been called up to the Northern General at 2.20am and were driving to pick my sister up at Woodhouse. As we were driving down Gleadless we were stopped by a van driver asking us if we had a mobile to call the fire brigade. There were about 3 houses at each side of the road that had had wheelie bins pushed up to the front doors and set on fire. They were well blazing. We couldn't stop as we were on the way to see a sick relative but we did call the fire brigade. It may be the same people.