Has anyone ever challenged people on public transport who play horrible music?

Where's the respect of the old people to let the children sit?

Inane rhetoric. If you have a point to make, make it, there's no sense in arguing the reverse of a statement already made.

The facts are that we are or were taught to respect the elderly, the province of the elderly or older was to guide the young, teach them to behave. This has slipped by the way and reached a point where even some of our elderly have little in the way of manners.

You're both right, one should respect the other but not to the point of being equal. There is still a place for older an wiser.. but maybe I dream too much

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Adults afraid of kids is a very bad thing. The fact that the OP labels them as chavs suggests that he/she has little respect for the younger generation. Respect, it works both ways.

Respect is something you earn. it’s not a right. If you act like a dick, then expect to be treated like one. In most cases the adults on these buses etc are doing nothing to harm anyone while the kids are shouting, jumping around, swearing and fighting, all with the backdrop of tinny music from someone mobile phone.

Bring back the days of respect your elders I say. I was certainly brought up to think that.

Where's the respect of the old people to let the children sit?

What a typical short sighted, me me me comment!

Wait until you are old and infirm and have to stand on a bus on already wobbly legs.

Wait until you are old and infirm and have to stand on a bus on already wobbly legs.

Exaclty, totally agree!!

The thing i dont get, is there is another thread on here called "me, husband and kids chucked off bus" how come the bus drivers seem so big and clever when its a normal fam, but as soon as its kids, we are left asking each other how to get them to stop, why int the driver telling them to turn it down or get off, i say turn it down, as even the moaneyest of moaners have got to realize they cant get it all their way, i think we should just blame the drivers and have dun with it, that way i will feel better about first doing absalutly eff all when one of their drivers trapped me on his bus with my daughter and tried to indimidate me....

Well seeing as no one defined old, and no one defined child, you are cleary misguided in your comment.

Unless of course you think it is better for a group of 3 year old children to stand on public transport so that a few old men can sit down?

Please explain and clarify where you stand instead of jumping to conclusions without giving justification.

Inane rhetoric. If you have a point to make, make it, there's no sense in arguing the reverse of a statement already made.

The facts are that we are or were taught to respect the elderly, the province of the elderly or older was to guide the young, teach them to behave. This has slipped by the way and reached a point where even some of our elderly have little in the way of manners.

You're both right, one should respect the other but not to the point of being equal. There is still a place for older an wiser.. but maybe I dream too much

You have to earn respect. You don't get respect simply for being old.

You have to earn respect. You don't get respect simply for being old.

But you used to you see.... things have changed and the kids arnt brought up to respect their elders for the simple fact that they are still kids themselves when they give birth and so bring them up to not respect their elders cos they are still going thru the "we dont need to respect them" phase... If they had kids when they were actually old enough to, they would be grown up enough to bring them up in the respect ur elders way, which wheather right or wrong, never did me any harm.....

and also they probably wunt be stood in the local park with pram in one hand and alcopops in the other, knocking inocent people out with their over sized earings..

But you used to you see.... things have changed and the kids arnt brought up to respect their elders for the simple fact that they are still kids themselves when they give birth and so bring them up to not respect their elders cos they are still going thru the "we dont need to respect them" phase... If they had kids when they were actually old enough to, they would be grown up enough to bring them up in the respect ur elders way, which wheather right or wrong, never did me any harm.....

See this is the thing. Yes the old folks should be respected, but it works both ways. Old people shouldn't take it for granted as their God given right. I have seen old people be very disrespectful to young people on many occasions, and then as soon as one of the youngsters opens their mouth, they are told that they have no respect. Very hyprcritical.

There are rude bezonians everywhere. I think they deserve to be roughed up somewhat by the Police.

simple- just move and go and sit next to them and start tapping along with your hands on your knees- when they ask what there doing just state that as they are playing it out loud you presumed it was for everyones enjoyment :D :D