Why do some men choose to have a ponytail?

Having a full head of hair tied back and having a full head of hair from the ears down and tied back look completely different. Young guys and girls can get away with anything almost. Old guys struggle a bit. Bit like the older woman and the Blue rinse.

Following on from a thread....I don't understand why some men choose to have ponytails? Do you?

(IMO) They look awful, scraggy, dry, unclean and outdated....:huh:

Under every ponytail is an 4rsehole :hihi:

They have them cus they cant be arsed to have their hair cut,hippy types,scruffy really.

My fella ties his hair back because at times it gets in the way, but I agree with Goldenfleece, I love it when he lets it down and it looks lovely.. it's longer than mine and I love it :love:

Mine too.. I think long hair makes a bloke look very nice:D My beloved has had lovley long hair for many years, Infact he locked himself out the other day and walked on to meet me..when I saw him at the other side of the road I did a little swoon :love: He would probably wear it down if it did not get in his face, and then he would look twice as :love: .. I say longlive men with pony tails and flowing long locks ;)

Edited by H.P

Quite a few replies here slating men with long hair/ponytails just smack of jealousy...

Dont worry though, slapheads can be cool too......just look at Dr Evil.

they are just immature ---wen u are young its ok but most are old and look silly

so the only people allowed to have any individuality or creativity are the young?

What's wrong with pony tails? If a bloke wants to look like a complete to$$er he should.

what a pointless and very naive thread,what next?

why do people where sandles?

why do people catch the bus?

why do people start stupid threads based on their own personal tastes?

Because its the forum and without such threads, the content would be about 2% of what it is today:hihi:

Men with long hair rock! It's hot!

I prefer it to not be tied back, though.

I used to have long hair, had it shaved off when I joined the navy, kept it short and spiky for a few years, and more recently grew it long again.

When it was shaved, my head looked like a peanut. When it was spiky, it took ages to style and cost a lot in haircuts/hair products.

I actually find it easier to manage when it's long. I wear it out, or tied back depending on my mood. I've noticed that this is not unique to myself or men generally.

...(IMO) They look awful, scraggy, dry, unclean and outdated....:huh:

I'll let you into a secret that I discovered to avoid these problems. I wash my hair, and from time to time, have it trimmed. It really does work wonders.

Although, some people may find men with long hair offensive, I really couldn't care less. Anyone that makes sweeping judgements based on a haircut would probably not interest me as a person. :)

...Anyone that makes sweeping judgements based on a haircut would probably not interest me as a person. :)
Well said, Andy!