Blades and Beer

Stockers

Nowt finer than a win and a night out on the lash with the Blades.

I like your choice of pubs, Sportsman and Hermitage is always a favourite - Albion used to get a visit but the landlord these days isn't up to much, it was much better when they had Ronnie Sharpe's CD on the jukebox.

party was at the hermitage. landlord and landlady right miserable gets. was with ronnie for a bit saturday night. had a chat as usual about the 70's. top fella.

some one i know (not me honest) emptied a beer garden of its brollys on way home from hull and slung them in the back of the van ended up in a garden up stannington. a blade tv detector van once took the telly from a pub in huddersfield. and i heard a blade coach once made the national papers for emptying a pub on way home from a cup game. some of the funniest things i've seen (sure many will disagree) 1977 after an away game at bristol rovers blade fans releasing monkeys at weston super mare zoo. and launching burning boats on torquay sea front 1981/82.

I remember the boats at Torquay, we were there for the weekend and were in the same hotel as "arsonist" - what a weekend that was :loopy:

I remember the boats at Torquay, we were there for the weekend and were in the same hotel as "arsonist" - what a weekend that was :loopy:

yep some of these blades would be suicidal. if they were about back then. division 4 and a 1-1 draw at torquay. we had to make our own entertainment back then.

I remember going to Stockport for a night game,we lost 1-0.I was 14 at the time and spent most of the game watching the planes fly into Manchester airport.

yep that was one of the 4 games we lost that season

stockport, hull, scunthorpe, and colchester all away. did all 46 games that season and ran my own coach to darlington.